Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Problem downloading video from Anafi to phone or tablet.

Joeanafi

Reaction score
I have an issue when I try to download using WiFi connection from my Anafi to either of my two android phones (LG K8 and MotoG4) and my Samsung SM-T700 tablet. The Anafi connects no problem and and seems to download to Free flight 6 gallery but after download all I get on screen is a black image and on pressing play nothing happens.
Hardwire downloads to my PC are no problem but it would be nice to be able to download videos whilst out and about to free up space on my SD card.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

it would be nice to be able to download videos whilst out and about to free up space on my SD card.
If that is your goal you should rethink it and probably swap cards instead, or use a card reader on the mobile device to put the card in and copy files using a file manager. The wireless transfer is VERY slow in comparison, you'd be waiting for an hour with everything powered on to free enough space to make sense.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Thanks for that. I appreciate your speedy reply. I'll probably get extra micro sd cards sometime but it would be useful to determine why my attempts at the WiFi download method isn't working for me

Problem (kind of) resolved. I experimented further and discovered the issue was due to the inability of my phones and tablet to handle 4k video files. Works fine on 1080p. Plan B - get a bigger SD card!

Problem (kind of) resolved. I experimented further and discovered the issue was due to the inability of my phones and tablet to handle 4k video files. Works fine on 1080p. Plan B - get a bigger SD card!
I was just going to comment on your post that both of those devices you listed are very low specs as far as video processing power...Have you had them try to process/create a panorama image yet? That seems to really take forever or at all with a low spec phone/device.
But as suggested, even with a very capable ( powerful and at least 4gb ram) device, the WIFI transfers are very slow. best to just swap out the cards if going for more storage space in the field

I had same issue. I couldn't view them until I downloaded a free app from Samsung App Store. for my Galaxy S6,S7 and one for LG Tv.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar