Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Props spin but the drone doesn't take off!

ROBANAFI

Reaction score
Ok i had a strange issue at the weekend. I pressed take off on the controller and the motors powered, props were spinning but the Anafi wouldn't take off. It sounded like the were running at a much lower rpm than normal but after a few attempts i took off and had a normal flight. The props are the same props i replaced a few months ago with 10+ flights on them so i know its not the props. I had the same issue on both of my batteries and on the first battery/flight the motors wouldn't cut out on landing but the second battery/flight was fine. Do you think the motors are failing as the drone has had 24hrs+ flight time?

Was it in hand launch mode maybe ? Honestly don’t know

No and the strange thing was after a few try's of the "take off" button on the controller the Anafi did eventually take off. If it happens again i'll see if i can get any video.

Did the motors stop and restart when you repeatedly pressed the take off button?

When I pressed take off the motors fired up but then went into a low rpm spin until I pressed take off(land) again, then the motors stopped. After a few trys the drone did eventually take off.

I would have thought that if the motors were failing then one would go first and the Anafi would either tip over on launch or put up an error message.

Your problem sounds very strange. I assume that you have not updated or changed anything recently.

I know you said you replaced the props but it sounds very simular to a problem I had last fall. I could not take off from my landing pad. Only way was to hand launch it. After changing out my props the problem went away.

I assume that you have not updated or changed anything recently.

No nothing has changed.

I know you said you replaced the props but it sounds very simular to a problem I had last fall. I could not take off from my landing pad. Only way was to hand launch it. After changing out my props the problem went away.

Thanks for the advice. If the problem persists i'll change the props :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood