Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reliability of hand launching

Manual v2.3:
"Briefly and briskly lift ANAFI up and forward with your open hand."
My conclusion:
- kind of movement: NOT slow, but short and fast
- NOT throwing, but lifting it up
- movement NOT only UP, but up and forward
- in addition: wait until LAUNCH! appears on HUD

I had mine go straight down to the sea today when I tried to hand launch. I pressed 'hand launch', wait for the 3-second count down and wait a few seconds due to strong wind. About a quarter of a second before I finally throwed the thing up, the motor decided to stop and, needless to say, it dived stright down to the water.

Totally stunned. The app should at least have a warning for the user to stop the hand launching action.

I am sorry to hear of your loss but I would have thought that hand launching over water was not a sensible thing to do in the first place especially in wind conditions.

I am sorry to hear of your loss but I would have thought that hand launching over water was not a sensible thing to do in the first place especially in wind conditions.

There is no option other than hand launching on a yacht. I suppose the waves make the drone think that it is handheld and even you put it on the floor the app stills shows hand launch option.

I had mine go straight down to the sea today when I tried to hand launch. I pressed 'hand launch', wait for the 3-second count down and wait a few seconds due to strong wind. About a quarter of a second before I finally throwed the thing up, the motor decided to stop and, needless to say, it dived stright down to the water.

Totally stunned. The app should at least have a warning for the user to stop the hand launching action.

Sorry to hear that went wrong for you. When you hand launch, do not hold on your Anafi but let it fly hven ready. I do not believe you can respond to a written message on your screen. Try to read in the manual page 23 how to do.

Regards Leif.

It would seem the hand launch times out after a period of time if the blades stopped spinning. That would be good information to add in the manual if in fact this is what happened .

... throwed the thing up ...
See my post #22!
Throwing is completely wrong: Anafi has to liftoff from your hand by itself.

... throwed the thing up ...
See my post #22!
Throwing is completely wrong: Anafi has to liftoff from your hand by itself.

I've always gently tossed mine, just like the Parrot reps do as seen in the product demos at their launch event. Gentle toss up and away, after the app count down ends.

Not for everyone but with over 100 flights this works for me.

Last edited:
I dont toss it and instead lift the drone up. The sensor seems to just need to register a fast enough upwards lift to trigger the start. This way I can keep the drone on my palm and in case if it fails it won’t fall to the ground. So in lay it flat on my hand, and raise it just fast enough that the drone starts to register it and the props spin. Then it’s actually already hovering and I just remove my hand

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320