Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Replace props after how many flights?

A lot of us tried different things to try and keep this from happening way back in july\August of 2018. Some even tried slow-mo video to capture what was happening. Others made models from Cad programs. LOL it was getting pretty technical in the posts. A lot of damage comes from sand and actually grass blowing up and hitting the edge of the props. This is why I either use a landing pad or hand launch. I was never a fan of hand launching but now it is my favorite way to launch.
It is better to start manually because before it shifts to full speed, it will spin up and so on until it is released. This prevents roror paddle collisions during quick start.

True, but with 90% hand launch I'm surprised to see 1/10th of the chord length is already broken at this level, on some blades.

Do you still fly with props damaged at this level ?

And anyone flying with cheaper "chinese" props ?

And anyone flying with cheaper "chinese" props ?
Yes but only one brand that Parrot recommended when we could not get props here in Canada. They were the Anbee 16pcs Propeller Props Blades. Never had a problem with them at all. My OEM props broke the first winter I used the Anafi sending my Anafi up in a tree all winter long. So to me there is no difference.

After I threw a prop on the original set, I ordered some from Anbee. I few of them were a little still stiff to rotate but they worked ok. After the big 1.6.5 crash I ordered a double set from Tineer - the black and white ones. They're almost all stiff too, but I wonder if that makes any difference. I took it for a flight and couldn't tell any difference.

After I threw a prop on the original set, I ordered some from Anbee. I few of them were a little still stiff to rotate but they worked ok. After the big 1.6.5 crash I ordered a double set from Tineer - the black and white ones. They're almost all stiff too, but I wonder if that makes any difference. I took it for a flight and couldn't tell any difference.

I can't find these brands here, neither Anbee nor Tineer, and Parrot's shop is blocked (must use some 3rd party javascript), I can't order anything else than cheap $4 sets on ebay or amazon, or from the US for 4 x the price (they look exactly the same as the Chinese, both unbranded)... I like the yellow, or two-colored blades (I painted the original from Parrot, but the paint wears with time).

I'll probably have to replace the first blades well before the 200 flights mentioned by Parrot for normal wear, maybe as soon as 100 flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quinzee