Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rising with "terrain" change

mockbirduav

Reaction score
Hi all.

I had an interesting experience the other day and haven't been able to find anything concrete in the literature about whether this is a feature.
While performing a room inspection on my own home I was flying low to the rood. I turned the Anafi and moved forwards slowly towards the ridge line. The drone maintained it's height above the roof automatically and rose with the incline of the roof.
Is this a feature or just an accidentally pleasant glitch with the altitude control when flying low close to a steady slope?
Cheers
Rhys

Reactions: MustangPhil
As long as it is done slowly yes it will adjust, my Autel X-Star does the same thing. the cameras on the bottom are not meant for this but yes it does work if you go slow.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Hi all.

I had an interesting experience the other day and haven't been able to find anything concrete in the literature about whether this is a feature.
While performing a room inspection on my own home I was flying low to the rood. I turned the Anafi and moved forwards slowly towards the ridge line. The drone maintained it's height above the roof automatically and rose with the incline of the roof.
Is this a feature or just an accidentally pleasant glitch with the altitude control when flying low close to a steady slope?
Cheers
Rhys

You have two sensors under your Anafi.

1. A camera that helps Anafi find the same place you started from when landing. The camera cannot measure the distance to the ground / your roof.

2. An ultrasound sensor that measures how high Anafi is over an object such as the ground / your roof ect. The sensor works up to a height of about 6 meters and helps Anafi keep the same distance over a fixed object at lower altitude.

3. Another sensor is the barometer that takes over at greater heights.

And yes, it is true that Anafi will follow the height of a given hard object by slow flight.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
"And yes, it is true that Anafi will follow the height of a given hard object by slow flight."
... and in low altitude below 6 m, because this "feature" is only reached by using the bottom ultrasonic sensor.
In open terrain I would not trust this function ... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut