Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RTH

Shiningmonk

Reaction score
Two RTH questions

1) Is the home point set automatically on take off without the need for the pilot to do anything?

2) Is there any way to change the home point to the current position of the RC (and pilot)?

Thanks in advance

Two RTH questions

1) Is the home point set automatically on take off without the need for the pilot to do anything?

2) Is there any way to change the home point to the current position of the RC (and pilot)?

Thanks in advance
1) Yes, but the home point is only set correctly, if GPS is green. So the pilot has to wait for GPS green before takeoff. In addition there is the "precise RTH": After liftoff Anafi takes a photo of the liftoff area with the vertical cam in order to return exactly. To use this, you should hoover a few seconds after liftoff (again: with GPS green), until a popup says, that precise RTH is possible .
2) Yes, you have to land at the new position and takeoff again under the conditions of 1).

Your phone vibrates and transmits its vibration trough the hard connection with the controller that makes you feel the controller vibrates.
In my case, when the controller is attached to the iPad Mini 4, I feel no vibration at all in case of Precise Return To Home... because my iPad is not equipped with any vibrator.
Hope this helps,
Philippe

As Dirk_ANAFI says above, the vertical camera is used to take a photo for "Precise RTH". I had been under the impression that since recent app updates this feature had been glitchy and sometimes doesn't work (i.e. not getting the Precise RTH Set message.)

However further testing last weekend has made me think that the surface below the take off could be the factor... When taking off from my nice clear 'H' landing mat, I get the prompt, but when taking off from something with a random pattern like short grass, it often doesn't pop up.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion?

As Dirk_ANAFI says above, the vertical camera is used to take a photo for "Precise RTH". I had been under the impression that since recent app updates this feature had been glitchy and sometimes doesn't work (i.e. not getting the Precise RTH Set message.)

However further testing last weekend has made me think that the surface below the take off could be the factor... When taking off from my nice clear 'H' landing mat, I get the prompt, but when taking off from something with a random pattern like short grass, it often doesn't pop up.

Yes, have made the same conclusion with both Anafi and the two DJI drones I have.

You can try moving your landing pad on the lawn one meter or three feet and see how intelligent Anafi is.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Joe_Scot

Yes if I take off from a landing pad it works 100% of the time. If I take off from my sidewalk which is cement in color it is hit or miss if I get the message.

Reactions: Joe_Scot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame