Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Same fate as 3DR Solo?

mudbeast66

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm MuddySkies from Texas. I have a general question about the Anafi.
I'm in the market for a new drone after my 3DR Solo bit the dust. I had it for an awesome 6-ish years.
It looks like this Anafi drone is no longer being made. Is this accurate?
My concern is that I don't want another drone that will become obsolete after I purchase one. I'd like to get a good few years of factory and especially fellow Anafi enthusiast support.
I love that this drone is NOT dji. It seems very open to those willing to experiment some.
I just want your thoughts and if this is not the drone for me, then any suggestions under the $750 range that is NOT dji.
I hope I'm heading in the right direction.
Muddy

Hi everyone.
I'm MuddySkies from Texas. I have a general question about the Anafi.
I'm in the market for a new drone after my 3DR Solo bit the dust. I had it for an awesome 6-ish years.
It looks like this Anafi drone is no longer being made. Is this accurate?
My concern is that I don't want another drone that will become obsolete after I purchase one. I'd like to get a good few years of factory and especially fellow Anafi enthusiast support.
I love that this drone is NOT dji. It seems very open to those willing to experiment some.
I just want your thoughts and if this is not the drone for me, then any suggestions under the $750 range that is NOT dji.
I hope I'm heading in the right direction.
Muddy
I love my Parrot Anafi. I own several and enough parts to rebuild them. The problem down the road is going to be the batteries. Once the Anafi is fully abandoned, it will be increasingly difficult to find the batteries needed to stay in the air. There are some folks working on how to replace the cells in the battery packs.

The Freeflight 6 software is well fleshed out. Anafi is one of the more fun drones to fly. Its relatively inexpensive and fairly easy to repair. Support from Parrot is basically nonexistant.

The Anafi is aging and near its end of life in the retail market. Here in the US I have bought used ones for under $200 and Anafi Extended bundles for $400. Refurbed bundles can be found from time to time on Amazon and elsewhere for $550 or less.

Its really up to your level of comfort as to whether its worth buying..... its not much of an investment.

Reactions: 70Falcon
Just like everything, this particular model is being replaced by newer designs. What you are really concerned about is how long it will be supported by the manufacturer, correct? Parrot is a big name manufacturer and they aren't going away any time soon, and enough Anafis were sold that I expect there will be an active community of users making mods and parts available as well for some time to come. I would go for it, but that's me.

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago refurbished off of ebay with a 30day warranty for $330.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem