Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Say bye bye to my parrot anafi

komax74

Reaction score
Say bye bye to my parrot anafi :-(

with 5% of battery started RTH but after few second the drone power off and fall down from 25mt, some scratches and one rotor broken

with 5% of battery started RTH but after few second the drone power off and fall down from 25mt, some scratches and one rotor broken

I have tried the same only from a height of 36 meters. I got a new Anafi on the warranty.

My personal opinion is that it is the battery that shuts down, probably because there is a voltage difference that is too large between the two cells.

Regards, Leif.

I have tried the same only from a height of 36 meters. I got a new Anafi on the warranty.

My personal opinion is that it is the battery that shuts down, probably because there is a voltage difference that is too large between the two cells.

Regards, Leif.
Personally believe our drones should be landed well before 5% of battery remaining for the safety of your drone and more importantly the public or its property it could drop on. Sounds more like your battery has ran out. Lesson to be learned i would say. Ian

Reactions: mrajic
Personally believe our drones should be landed well before 5% of battery remaining for the safety of your drone and more importantly the public or its property it could drop on. Sounds more like your battery has ran out. Lesson to be learned i would say. Ian

It happened during testing of the auto RTH function and there was 7% power left on the battery. It fell 3 meters from where I stood.

Regards, Leif.

No way I'm trusting drone technology to the point of believing an indication of 5% really means 5%.

Reactions: justDee
If the battery level is under 10% you need to be down low and planning an immediate landing. If it gets to 5% you have messed up big time and all bets are off. Not only do you risk catastrophic failure such as crash-landings but you also compromise the battery. Parrot are not alarmist as a rule, they are probably a bit too relaxed with their warnings, but when the flight battery level is indicated in yellow you need to pay attention.

Reactions: justDee
If the battery level is under 10% you need to be down low and planning an immediate landing. If it gets to 5% you have messed up big time and all bets are off. Not only do you risk catastrophic failure such as crash-landings but you also compromise the battery. Parrot are not alarmist as a rule, they are probably a bit too relaxed with their warnings, but when the flight battery level is indicated in yellow you need to pay attention.
Couldn't agree more! I just bought two more batteries and was flying on Saturday. As soon as a battery hit around 25 - 30%, I was bringing it home. I won't take chances anymore.

5%?? Pilot error? You still let it flew when lower than 20%??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville