Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SC3 issues

Whulf

Reaction score
Hi all

Apologies if this has been covered by someone before, I tried looking But didn’t see anything that really matched my issue.

I have a Parrot Amati which has been stood in the box for a little over 2 years due to events beyond my controller. When I got it back yesterday I plugged in the drone and it lit up as the battery woke up from its sleep mode, the Sc3 is a different issue, I plugged it in, then light next to the charging socket went green, then red and now just lights up green but the power light on the front won’t come on and the app won’t acknowledge it’s been plugged in (or exists). I,ve checked the micro switch under the opening and it moves freely but now I’m stuck for ideas, anyone have any advice.

all help would be much appreciated and you have my thanks in advance.

Whulf

Hi all

Apologies if this has been covered by someone before, I tried looking But didn’t see anything that really matched my issue.

I have a Parrot Amati which has been stood in the box for a little over 2 years due to events beyond my controller. When I got it back yesterday I plugged in the drone and it lit up as the battery woke up from its sleep mode, the Sc3 is a different issue, I plugged it in, then light next to the charging socket went green, then red and now just lights up green but the power light on the front won’t come on and the app won’t acknowledge it’s been plugged in (or exists). I,ve checked the micro switch under the opening and it moves freely but now I’m stuck for ideas, anyone have any advice.

all help would be much appreciated and you have my thanks in advance.

Whulf
In this case, the related SKC3's battery (18450 size) might be dead already and cannot provide the power for its operation exactly. So, buy a new one for the replacement.

I thought a replace battery might be the case, but wouldn’t the controller still turn on if it was plugged in, i saw on some of the other threads that some people with battery issues were getting around he issue by keeping it plugged into a power brick, but that wouldn’t work for me as it won,t turn on at all.

are the batteries available on ebay or Amazon? Can you advise on what exactly I should be searching for?

Again, apologies if my questions seem stupid, I really do appreciate the help and advice.

Stupid questions? Absolutely not! I was debating the 'connect to power brick while updating SC3' scenario myself (long story). As for battery availability I'm not sure, but now knowing the battery size/type I'll kick it about on ebay & see what comes to surface - Thanks EdwardFCY (searching for 'Skycontroller 3' didn't present any replacement battery options for sure). The 18450 might need to be modified (wires, connector, etc) to work on the SC3. Whatsmore is that Covid19 might have inventories presently unobtainable - electronics in general took a hard hit globally. We can search...what have we got to lose? ;)

**UPDATE**

ok, so I started by whipping the back off the controller to see hhow easy it would be to extract the battery, as it turns out, really easy, 1 screw holding the battery to the case and 1 plug connector. The battery is labelled up as being for a Bebop 2 controller (I think this is mentioned on another thread somewhere) so I started trawling the internet and eventually I found this MCBAT00014 Battery for Parrot Bebop 2 Skycontroller 2 P2 / SkyController 2 HD Power Edition (I hope its ok to add a link) it took a couple days to arrive but slotted in with absolutely no hassles at all and once the controller was all screwed back together it switched on with no issues and I've been able to update the controller, the ANAFI and both my batteries, so if anyone else is having the same or similar issues I highly recommend having a look at that link for a new battery.

Lessons learned, The SC3 will not work, even with an external battery plugged in if the internal battery is dead.

Thanks for the help guys :) I'm glad to be able to be flying again and I'll hopefully have some footage to post soon.

Whulf

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Fantastic Whulf!! I tried searching for the '18450' and got nowhere. Thanks for the link :D I'm gonna get me one or two & see if it resolves my issues (my battery might be weakening under stress...who knows).

I got exactly the same issue with all my 3 extended Anafi SC3 from Bestbuy(not all at once, I returned it twice)—

The symptoms are they won’t power on after lifting the antennas; the white LED light only lid up when plugged in with power source for few seconds(so is the little red light next to the charging port) then it will turn off, and the charging red light turned into green, after 30 minutes it shuts off, too, then start the whole process all over again.
And yes, the switch inside the antenna hinge works fine.

So I had to return first two Anafis back, and as for the third one, my current one, with no surprise the SC3 still will NOT turn on as expected , but at that point I knew it’s the battery of SC3, ‘Cause good thing I found this thread before i return my second Anafi, therefore before my third one sent to me I order online for a MCBAT00014 battery(3400mah); then last night I got the battery and installed it in my third SC3, and the controller just turn on like a champ!
Then I updated my SC3, Anafi and three batteries all at once without any issues.
I was so happy I even let the Anafi hovered in my small livingroom for 5 minutes(it was 12am in the morning, couldn’t go outside).

So if you ordered any Anafi from Bestbuy lately, there is a great chance 90% of their Anafi have been sitting in the warehouse for 2, 3 years, and the batteries in SC3s are pretty much dead, instead of keep returning it, get a battery for SC3 might solve the problem(it took 3 whole weeks until my Anafi finally took off).

Tsk tsk tsk...batteries dying on the shelf. Glad you're up & running YenAmiracle. But be quiet...the battery prices will SOAR if we keep clammerin' about 'em! ;)

Some quick research had me find this...Good to know:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut