Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD format issue

Sigug

Reaction score
Hi there,
new Anafi owner and just tried it for 2 flights so far. Everything is awesome!
Just one question: I just now read that back then when it was released there were some bugs (which hopefully/probably aren't there anymore today), is there also a known issue with formatting the SD card?
On my second flight I put my 64gb sd in, when I turned the drone on I had to format the card which I did (in app). I could record for about 5 minutes, then the app said "0 seconds left" and there was no way to record any footage any longer even though it said "5 gb used" (of 64 gb). Then I thought about the restrictions of FAT32, probably that was it? But why does the app format in that format then? Or is it something else?
Thanks!

Hi, I have a similar problem. But not found any solution yet and I tried like EVERYTHING over 4-5 months now: 3 different cards, formatting the card on a Mac Mini (with and without the SD Formatter Tool, Quick and Full Format), a MacBook Pro, two Windows PCs, a Olympus Digital Camera, a GoPro Hero 7 Black and of course in the FF App (Quick and Full Format). Sometimes the "SD Error" is completely gone and then on the next restart it's there again. Sometimes the in-app format process just does not finish and so on. Then sometimes it works for weeks until I record a 4k Video or make a 360° Panorama. Sometimes there is no Error message and I think "great let's make some pics and videos" just to find out later that the Anafi didn't save them.

I also tried resetting the drone and the Controller couple of times and also reinstalled the app. I tried two different iPhones and a couple of different firmwares. NOTHING works on the long-term. So now I'm so frustrated I will send it back. This is so sad because I really like the drone. But with thas issues it's not usable. I also contacted Parrot, but that's a waste of time... The strange thing is it's getting worse. When I bought it it worked pretty well and then after time the errors became more and more.

Sorry that I can't help you :(

Last edited:
Compatibility list has nothing to do with the problem (and those are for selling higher priced things anyway), but yeah, it's on that list:
  • Sandisk Extreme 64GB

@knarz3r Are you serious? ****, I'm just getting into drones, and there isn't any better (for the price) than the Anafi.. Hope I won't have that problem. Will format on PC and then try again. Still strange.

So I am guessing nothing in this post has helped either one of you?

So I am guessing nothing in this post has helped either one of you?

Nope, one of the 3 Cards I tested was the original 16GB, same issues with that. The new one I specially bought for the Anafi is the SanDisk Extreme 64GB, the other one is a SanDisk Ultra 32GB, all are on the list. You can trust me I really tried everything. I guess I have restarted the drone like 200 times now. I even began writing down what I did, because it was getting confusing ;)

Today i tried it once again before I wanted to send it back and I did not record any 4K Videos and it seems good so far. 2,7K Videos are working, also 360° Panoramas. It seems that the problem occurs when the drone has to write too much information on the card. Hmm not sure what to do now, maybe my Anafi has a hardware problem?

make sure to use a high speed micro sd card so it can keep up with writing speed when recording in 4K. I use a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB and no problems at all.

Use Sandisk Extreme, but not from aliexpress. That are fake cards, im now in discusion with aliexpress. They make me al liar.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

make sure to use a high speed micro sd card so it can keep up with writing speed when recording in 4K. I use a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB and no problems at all.
Has nothing to do with the problem mentioned.

What even is this reply?

Because aliexpress cards says it is 128Gb even in the drone or computer but a lot of time they are smaller. (Maybe thats why the record stop) And the read and write speed are not oke i have a card that write 13,4Mb/s. (And my record 4k stops after 1 min)
Now i have a original and the problems are gone.

and you can also respond normally to people who want to help you

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I've received also from Ebay and national Dealer a fake Samsung card. The difference was also the color : The original card contains a bright orange, the fake once a dark orange..... The fake card lost e.g. Installed apps in the tablet after reboot....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood