Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should I buy an Anafi Thermal?

robport

Reaction score
I've had a regular Anafi for almost two years now and other than it breaking an arm when a battery I considered suspect got to 30% and it dropped out of the sky, I've been pretty happy with it. I was able to fix it enough with super glue, to get night pictures of a shotgun event in the woods, the next night (World Shooting Championship, and yes, I have a 107.29 waiver). I wouldn't even try to use any other drone for that confined space. I want to add a thermal capability to my business and the problems I've had with DJI products refusing to take off at critical times makes them a no-go for me (lost a major customer after getting the self unlock, shutting down all helo training in the area for 30 minutes with a waiver, coordination from the military, they filing a NOTAM for me and then my Phantom still refused to take off after picking up a NFZ that was on none of their charts (and still isn't). By the way, my Phantom detected an airport that doesn't exist, the other day in the middle of the downtown area of city and made me go through one of their taking responsibility screens (weird). I'm still sort of forced to use the Phantom as my main business drone due to customer requirements though, otherwise, I'd switch to something else.

Anyway, I've been reading on here about the problems getting the thermal repaired after what appears to be battery failures and severe problems with customer support. Is it as risky as I'm reading or is it just that the many people with no problems just aren't posting?

I tried one for a short period of time but I returned it because I thought I heard a problem with one motor...not sure though, but didn't want to take the chance and I could return it with no consequences. I don't need the risk and I can't afford the outlay for their new drone for what I'm looking to do with it.

I have my 5th one. Three of which from Amazon were reported stolen and the 4th from Dronenerds was defective. Support has been nothing. This forum is my support. Number 5 , replacement by Dronenerds, has been okay. Just found out there are no ND filters for Thermal. I also found Parrot has very little information on how to use the thermal feature.

Haven't you seen this?
Take a look at pg62 on-ward.

Attachments

• anafi_thermal_user_guide_v3.6.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 38
Hi
New to the forum. I just received yesterday my nafi infrared drone.
Read through the manuals updated controller drone and all 3 batteries and took it for a fly yesterday using my new ipad mini.
I have a mavic pro 2 drone also.
To be honest I am not very impressed maybe I need to play around with the settings a little bit the flight app I found is lacking information I also found that shooting with the parrot supplied SD card in jpeg images caused my tablet screen to freeze change to black and white then return for around 4 seconds.
I purchased to drone also as I wanted a decent zoom of which the 3x zoom again seems to be grainy.
From the infra red settings I am quite impressed however even managing to pick up a little bunny inside a hedgerow from 30ft high!!
Any suggestions with regards phot nd film settings would be much appreciated.
I use a landing pad for the drone however upon its first landing it landed partly off of the pad upon landing the rear props cut a few grass blades and caused an engine stall the blades are now a little dented up also are there any blades that are a bit more durable for this drone as I don't want to be potentially swapping them every week.
Hope I get used to flying the anafi I guess but I was expecting a little more.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hi
New to the forum. I just received yesterday my nafi infrared drone.
Read through the manuals updated controller drone and all 3 batteries and took it for a fly yesterday using my new ipad mini.
I have a mavic pro 2 drone also.
To be honest I am not very impressed maybe I need to play around with the settings a little bit the flight app I found is lacking information I also found that shooting with the parrot supplied SD card in jpeg images caused my tablet screen to freeze change to black and white then return for around 4 seconds.
I purchased to drone also as I wanted a decent zoom of which the 3x zoom again seems to be grainy.
From the infra red settings I am quite impressed however even managing to pick up a little bunny inside a hedgerow from 30ft high!!
Any suggestions with regards phot nd film settings would be much appreciated.
I use a landing pad for the drone however upon its first landing it landed partly off of the pad upon landing the rear props cut a few grass blades and caused an engine stall the blades are now a little dented up also are there any blades that are a bit more durable for this drone as I don't want to be potentially swapping them every week.
Hope I get used to flying the anafi I guess but I was expecting a little more.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Fly the heck out of it before your return period ends. Get very accustomed to it and put it through its paces. I went through 3 and they were all defective - with different things. There support is terrible in the US.

I bought one. One of the reasons I took the chance was because I've had the regular one for almost two years now and other than a battery wearing out, it's been a pleasure. The front right leg, on the thermal, vibrates abnormally and does it transiently, like it has a bi-stable vibration state (usually means it's something other than the rotating components). It was really calm, so I got right up on it and you could barely see the edge of the leg when it was going crazy. I see absolutely no damage to the blades and they definitely aren't loose. I can feel no difference between the motors, when rotating them by hand. Is there something I'm missing, cause if not, it's going back. It would really be a shame because the thermal camera was actually better and had more uses than I even thought at first. I just don't want a problem in a few months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320