Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should Phone hold its charge?

leonbutler

Reaction score
Im just curious to see if you phone should hold its charge when using the SKy controller? Parrot have told me that the controller is not designed to charge your phone, but mine will charge when the Flightplan app is not open but phone is connected to controller.

It seems silly to have a drone that will drain the phones battery rapidly, I think other drone brand controllers will at lease hold the charge on your phone rather then drain it. Other then this i think the Anafi is a fantastic drone!

Any thoughts or feedback would be welcomed. Im using an iphone6s...

Android phones are drained when connected to SC3.
iPhone devices normally are NOT drained by charging the SC3, but only by normal use of FF6.

so to confirm, when im flying the drone using the controller and phone connected, the phone battery should not drain?

For iPhones: yes. No charging of the phone from SC3.
But FF6 alone is a mainly graphics using app, that causes a high drain.

Last edited:
It might depend on the quality of your cable as well. Some cheap ones supply only a pitiful current.

I'm confused. Are you claiming that the controller is charging your phone or that the phone is charging the controller? Because in the first sentence you say:
Parrot have told me that the controller is not designed to charge your phone, but mine will charge

Then you say:
It seems silly to have a drone that will drain the phones battery rapidly

I just checked what happens with my partner's iPhone 6 Plus when it is plugged in to the SkyController 3 & it momentarily has the charging symbol appear on the iPhone screen, but then it disappears, so it is not charging the phone. The exact same thing happens with my iPhone 8 Plus too.

From the brief research I just did, the iPhones are not supposed to charge other devices by being plugged in to them. There are rumours that the next iPhone may be able to become a wireless charging device for Apple watches.

The controller is charging the phone, but with low current so the phone still drains as the app uses a lot of power.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
I remember when the Anafi first came out reading about the controller battery times were different with android then with iOS phones. Not sure where I read that. Went through the manual again and did not see it in there so either it was taken out or I read someplace else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking