Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

“Select your drone from the list,” is not working.

alh22km

Reaction score
“Select your drone from the list,” is not working. 10 months ago, I purchased a used Parrot ANAFI, PS728000AA8E008869. After some trial and error, I was able to learn FreeFly 6 good enough to fly the drone. Had fun for about 1 week but then got busy and stopped using it.

Yesterday, I decided to fly again. But I have a new phone, Android Nokia C100 Model N152DL, now so I had to install FreeFly. With the new phone I keep getting stuck at

“Select your drone from the list. ANAFI-E008869 FORGET CONNECT REFRESH LIST.”

“FORGET” has a frame around it suggesting it is a button to push. “CONNNECT” is in green letters but no frame around it suggesting a button to push. I push “CONNECT” anyway and get no response.

I power cycle the drone. Verify Nokia WiFi is connected to ANAFI again. Reboot FreeFly 6. Return to the “Select your drone from the list page.” Stuck there again. I try “REFRESH LIST.” I try backing out of the that screen and select “CONFIGURE LATER.”

I have two Skycontroller 3's. Both worked 10 months ago. I have another Android phone. It is a Samsung Galaxy A21, Model SM-A215U. I let all the controllers, phones and drone charge over night. (The phone I had working with the drone properly 10 months again was also an Android, Samsung A21.) Get the same results with all of the above devices with all the different combinations of the devices.

I tried rebooting everything multiple times. I even tried "FORGET" and reconnecting the WiFi connections multiple times.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

“Select your drone from the list,” is not working. 10 months ago, I purchased a used Parrot ANAFI, PS728000AA8E008869. After some trial and error, I was able to learn FreeFly 6 good enough to fly the drone. Had fun for about 1 week but then got busy and stopped using it.

Yesterday, I decided to fly again. But I have a new phone, Android Nokia C100 Model N152DL, now so I had to install FreeFly. With the new phone I keep getting stuck at

“Select your drone from the list. ANAFI-E008869 FORGET CONNECT REFRESH LIST.”

“FORGET” has a frame around it suggesting it is a button to push. “CONNNECT” is in green letters but no frame around it suggesting a button to push. I push “CONNECT” anyway and get no response.

I power cycle the drone. Verify Nokia WiFi is connected to ANAFI again. Reboot FreeFly 6. Return to the “Select your drone from the list page.” Stuck there again. I try “REFRESH LIST.” I try backing out of the that screen and select “CONFIGURE LATER.”

I have two Skycontroller 3's. Both worked 10 months ago. I have another Android phone. It is a Samsung Galaxy A21, Model SM-A215U. I let all the controllers, phones and drone charge over night. (The phone I had working with the drone properly 10 months again was also an Android, Samsung A21.) Get the same results with all of the above devices with all the different combinations of the devices.

I tried rebooting everything multiple times. I even tried "FORGET" and reconnecting the WiFi connections multiple times.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Have you tried pairing drone directly to controller using charging cable to see if they communicate (without phone). You can test by seeing if camera tilt works

Thank you for the quick reply. I did not know about communicating directly between controller and drone using a USB cable. Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it just now with both controllers (no phone). I can tilt the camera with both controllers.

What I did do yesterday and today was follow the Super Quick Start Guide instructions. I was able to successfully fly the drone down the street and back with both controllers. Drone flies fine. I just need that connection between drone and smarthphone to be able to see the video and use the other FreeFly 6 capabilities.

Hoping maybe the direct USB connection between controller and drone might fix the phone drone connection, I tried it all again. Still same results.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did not know about communicating directly between controller and drone using a USB cable. Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it just now with both controllers (no phone). I can tilt the camera with both controllers.

What I did do yesterday and today was follow the Super Quick Start Guide instructions. I was able to successfully fly the drone down the street and back with both controllers. Drone flies fine. I just need that connection between drone and smarthphone to be able to see the video and use the other FreeFly 6 capabilities.

Hoping maybe the direct USB connection between controller and drone might fix the phone drone connection, I tried it all again. Still same results.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Good to hear that drone and SC3 controllers operate as expected, its going to be a process of elimination
fyi... when using SC3 with phone plugged into it wifi should be turned off on phone as controller generates its own wifi signal and phone essentially is a display terminal. There should be no reason to have phone wifi on when using controller
When you connect phone to SC3 with lid closed and FF6 closed - then open SC3 lid does it automatically open FF6 and show a connection with phone (controller icon upper right corner should be green), does this work? If not that would indicate phone and SC3 are not communicating

Another step to try would be to to connect directly from phone to Drone with out using SC3 controller. In this case phone wifi should be turned on. Power up Drone first and establish wifi connection to drone via phones wifi networks connection first. You may need to enter password which is wifi key listed on drone or inside storage case. Once that connection is established start FF6 to see if communication exist between drone and phone (drone icon in FF6 should be green) - If so drone should fly without SC3. Does this work?

If able to connect with phone directly to drone then you will need to trouble shoot phone to controller issue
Could be a bad cable, phone setting or permissions, phone compatibility, operating system, etc. (not likely it's a bad usb connector on SC3 as you have experience same problem on both controllers)
Let us know what you find and steps taken to trouble shoot
Best of luck

Thanks for the above suggestions. Here are the responses.
1. I have charged all batteries during the last 5 hours.
2. I turned off WiFi on phone.
3. Plugged USB cable into phone and SC3. Opening SC3 lid opens FF6 directly to Set up page. But no green controller icon seen anywhere.
4. Turn on drone. Press "NOTHING HAPPED?" button. "Select your drone from the list." The ANAFI-E008869 is shown but pressing the green "CONNECT" does nothing. So we are back to the problem status.
5. Turn on phone WiFi. It directly connects to "ANAFI-E008869 / No Internet." Phone WiFi app shows "Connected to device. Can't provide Internet."
6. Open FF6.
7. Select "I'm using my smartphone."
8. That opens up "Set up Connect your controller to your drone." Shows the Android gear icon for "Settings" with a green arrow pointing to graphic with the text "Wi-Fi ANAFI Connected." Then more text, "Turn on your drone and connect your smartphone to the drone's Wi-Fi." Drone is already on yet this screen has no where for me to go from here other than pressing the back arrow in the upper left corner of the screen.
9. Pressing that back arrow brings me back to the screen for choosing between "I have a controller" and "I'm using my smartphone."
10. Press "CONFIGURE LATER."
11. Press "FLY."
12. Get red icon at top of screen in middle, "NOT CONNECTED." Manual controls do not work.

Thanks for the above suggestions. Here are the responses.
1. I have charged all batteries during the last 5 hours.
2. I turned off WiFi on phone.
3. Plugged USB cable into phone and SC3. Opening SC3 lid opens FF6 directly to Set up page. But no green controller icon seen anywhere.
4. Turn on drone. Press "NOTHING HAPPED?" button. "Select your drone from the list." The ANAFI-E008869 is shown but pressing the green "CONNECT" does nothing. So we are back to the problem status.
5. Turn on phone WiFi. It directly connects to "ANAFI-E008869 / No Internet." Phone WiFi app shows "Connected to device. Can't provide Internet."
6. Open FF6.
7. Select "I'm using my smartphone."
8. That opens up "Set up Connect your controller to your drone." Shows the Android gear icon for "Settings" with a green arrow pointing to graphic with the text "Wi-Fi ANAFI Connected." Then more text, "Turn on your drone and connect your smartphone to the drone's Wi-Fi." Drone is already on yet this screen has no where for me to go from here other than pressing the back arrow in the upper left corner of the screen.
9. Pressing that back arrow brings me back to the screen for choosing between "I have a controller" and "I'm using my smartphone."
10. Press "CONFIGURE LATER."
11. Press "FLY."
12. Get red icon at top of screen in middle, "NOT CONNECTED." Manual controls do not work.
What android versions are your devices running?
I think you should try another phone if possible an iPhone or an android device with an older OS version. Just to rule out device compatibility issues.

Both the Nokia and Samsung on Android V12.
Any known good Android version? I can see if I can roll back the version on one of my phones.

Wouldn't other Parrot pilots have noticed a problem with Android V12 since it was release Oct 4, 2021?

Just suggesting ruling out device compatibility. Have not heard of issues with V12, there were some users having data sync issues with V11 but does not sound like that is your problem.

You could also check the FW versions of drone and controller via Anafi web server link below.
I’m assuming your FF6 is V6.7.6
Drone is FW 1.8.2
SC3 is FW 1.8.1

Both the Nokia and Samsung on Android V12.
Any known good Android version? I can see if I can roll back the version on one of my phones.

Wouldn't other Parrot pilots have noticed a problem with Android V12 since it was release Oct 4, 2021?
Hello
Your problem may be caused by using the incorrect FreeFlight 6 app. Which version of FF6 are you using?

For the standard Anafi you should be using FreeFlight 6 v6.7.6 on android devices.

For standard Anafi model don’t use FreeFlight 6 USA v6.9.1. This is specifically designed for a different model Anafi named USA. I tried this app and get the same issues exactly as you have described.
Best of luck

Makes absolute sense! I'm guessing you hit the bulls eye.
Unfortunately, Google Play Store will not let me download the FF6 v6.7.6, saying, "The app is for an older version of Android than you have."

No problem. I just roll back the version of Android, right? No... Samsung does not allow me to roll back to older versions of Android.

I have a cell phone repair guy I have worked with before. He is going to check his inventory of old Android phones to see if he can get one to install the v6.7.6. If so, he'll let me have the phone for $20! That phone will become my "Parrot Display" and only used for flying the Anafi.

I'll keep you posted on the results!

Reactions: BRC
Makes absolute sense! I'm guessing you hit the bulls eye.
Unfortunately, Google Play Store will not let me download the FF6 v6.7.6, saying, "The app is for an older version of Android than you have."

No problem. I just roll back the version of Android, right? No... Samsung does not allow me to roll back to older versions of Android.

I have a cell phone repair guy I have worked with before. He is going to check his inventory of old Android phones to see if he can get one to install the v6.7.6. If so, he'll let me have the phone for $20! That phone will become my "Parrot Display" and only used for flying the Anafi.

I'll keep you posted on the results!
Ever have any luck im in the same situation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k