Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 2 battery

Eagle

Reaction score
I have the newer version of sc2 with the all black control sticks...the battery of the controller is drying up quickly..
I ve read that this is because when i connect my tablet with sc2 by default the sc2 is charging the tablet..so its better to have the tablet fully charged
Yesterday i had my tablet fully charged and with about 20 minutes of flight it went from 95% to 22%..the.battery level was dropping faster.than the drone's battery..
Is this normal?

Hello Eagle,

Sorry to hear of your Power Controller issue with battery drainage, controller with black sticks.

I have the same Power Sky controller 2 with black sticks as you do, my experience is similar and have noticed quicker battery drainage but that was due to adding on amplifier boosters power source connected directly to USB port. Did a google search, others are experimenting the same as you with controller charging phone or iPad.

Plus, this particular controller uses a lower voltage Battery so any additional load will drain battery quicker. The original Sky controller 2 Battery voltage is higher, can handle larger loads.

Haven’t noticed my iPad or iPhone affecting voltage with this particular Sky controller 2 with black sticks, as mentioned above adding two amplifiers is draining voltage quicker. Can get about 1.5 to 2 hours use now, that’s with amplifier boosters on.

Also, Auctually disconnected amplifier boosters power source from controller USB and connneted directly to an outside battery source so Controller battery wouldn’t drain so quickly. Opposite happened, amplifiers continued to work but now the Controller Battery was being charged with the outside battery? Could have continued to operate but was worried Skycontroller would eventually have issues, so removed outside battery for amplifiers and resoldered power source from amplifiers directly back to Sky Controller USB port.

One fellow on a video with same battery drainage you’re experiencing, mentions to make sure iPhone or iPad are fully charged. Parrot will need to fix this hopefully on a future firmware update, hopefully your Sky controller eventually starts working on it’s own. Appears only certain phones and iPads are drawing voltage from this particular power Sky controller.

Good luck,
Paul

Last edited:
I have the newer version of sc2 with the all black control sticks...the battery of the controller is drying up quickly..
I ve read that this is because when i connect my tablet with sc2 by default the sc2 is charging the tablet..so its better to have the tablet fully charged
Yesterday i had my tablet fully charged and with about 20 minutes of flight it went from 95% to 22%..the.battery level was dropping faster.than the drone's battery..
Is this normal?

Here’s a picture with same Power Sky Controller 2 as yours connected to an 6C5238F4-D048-4D44-A8F3-FBB4591ECFDE.jpegiPhone, note the phone battery level upper right does not show it’s charging. Apparently, depending on iPhone/iPad this particular Sky Controller may not be effected with certain phones or iPads?

Hope the pic shows, good luck.
Paul

Thanks i will try it with a lenovo tab 4 to see if its better..
Also i understand from your comments that is nothing to do with the sc2 battery needing replacement?

Hello Eagle,

Yes indeed try another device, hopefully it doesn’t rob voltage from you Skycontroller 2P.

Here’s a side by side comparison between both Sky controller 2 batteries, Power Skycontroller 2P with black sticks is 3.6 volts verses 7.4 volt on the regular Skycontroller 2. Plus, 2P is 500mAh compared to 2700mAh Battery.

Good news thought with Power Skycontroller 2P, it uses two large patch antennas instead of four small patch antennas. Power Sky Controller 2P has better reception, greater range in areas with inference. Maximum distance is 2.1 miles in areas with low to medium interference, same as a regular Skycontroller 2 but will allow a P2 user to fly in areas the original Skycontroller 2 can’t the two larger patch antennas on P2 add a slight boost.

Enjoy your power unit, keep us posted.
Paul

2C66A16E-56B0-4CE0-A9AA-8AA918271B64.jpeg

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Actually the controller you are talking about is the Skycontroller 2P
It's the one with the tubular or cylindrical battery in it. And by the way, since the last time I checked the batteries for this controller are " not available " even on Parrot.com website under parts. I went through a verbal war with Hot Line support at parrot over this same controller having battery charging problems. Depending on how old or when you bought your drone/skycontroller 2P I would suggest demanding a replacement skycontroller 2 with the square battery.
The problem with the battery in the skycontroller 2P is that you can not get a replacement battery for it, you can find a battery similar in looks on line. The problem is the circular circuit board that is on the top of the battery. If you were to remove the plastic wrapper from the battery you would find a circular circuit board atop the battery. It is not a simple problem finding a battery similar in size and voltage, it's that circuit board. If you want to see what it looks like look at Skycontroller 2P exposed
link:

I just opened the sc2 ..
My battery is the cylindrical 500mah ..i didnot know that they are not available for sale..so all i can do its try some tablets/phones and see
I agree with you..parrot support its not very good :(

I just opened the sc2 ..
My battery is the cylindrical 500mah ..i didnot know that they are not available for sale..so all i can do its try some tablets/phones and see
Hello Eagle,

Viewed a video last night with the power 2P Sky controllers having issues, the person making the video mentioned Parrot is aware of these issues and supposedly will replace the Sky controller. Give Parrot a call, hope all works out for you.

I’m stuck with mine due to modifying it, luckily I’m not having issues so I’ll continue to use it.

Paul

Anybody knows parrot-europe supportphone number? I cant find it anywhere on their website

That battery is a 18650 2500mah battery. With 500mah max amp draw. That's just a BMS that is soldered on top for protection. I have ordered 20 LG 3000mah 20 amp draw batteries to make my own battery cells for my Bebop 2. I also bought a BMS for them and a balance charger. Looks like I may have to mod the controller battery as well. Looks like 2 18650s will fit side by side. I can make a 6000mah 2 cell battery pack.

The square battery will not work with the cylinder type battery, I just tried it and fried my controller 2P.

Plus, connection is slightly different. Well, guess I’m out a 2P sky controller 2.

All others, don’t try to run a square Battery with the 2P cylinder type Battery. It may fry like mind did. Great, now I have to try and revive my 2P controller.CC260EF4-C632-4346-81C0-726CEC06D947.jpeg

I just opened the sc2 ..
I've got the same problem with my android phone, I've tried plugging in 4 different phones and they all start charging when connected via usb to the previously mentioned controller.
I tried disconnecting the red wire in the usb cable, but the app says no controller connected.
Crap design if you ask me.
Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut