Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SkyController 2 connection range questions

pssbbpp

Reaction score
I am not an experienced pilot of my BeBop2 Power, so, to make some tests I went outdoor to practice and programmed a Flight Plan of about 450 meters in length.
My phone was connected to the SkyController 2, and I was terryfied because at about 300 meters, I saw an indication in my phone that the connection was lost.
Miracolously enough, the drone completed the entire flight plan and came back to the initial position.

With this experience in mind, I am thinking about the following questions

1.) Flight Plan will complete even if the connection with the SkyController is lost, so, if I program a Flight Plan of, say, 2000 meters away, the flight plan will complete, even if the connection is lost. Is that true ?

2.) If I manually fly my BeBop2 Power using the SkyController 2 and the connection is lost, the configuration option "return to home after connection loss" enter into action, and the drone will automatically return. Is that true ?

3.) How can I increase the connection range to more than the 300 meters, I my opinion this is a very short range for this drone.

There are a lot of good youtube videos about the BeBop 2. I am also a fairly new owner and found a lot of good information on Youtube.

I can answer some of your questions. I have not used the flight plan but from what I saw in videos, yes it will complete the flight plan even if connection is lost.

Under normal flying, if connection is lost, the drone will return to home after a set delay. I set mine for 3 seconds, I think the default is 10 seconds.

As far as range, I get variable range and it seems to depend on how many other wifi signals are in the area. I get better range in rural areas, verses near towns.

Mike

I have done many way point missions, for example, I did one around the shoreline of the entire lake. At the furthest point, it was without a connection for about 3 minutes, because of distance. It is a very nervous time until it gets closer and it auto reconnects, you no idea what's going on with it. That's why you need eyes on it at all times by law.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame