Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 2 won't charge

jasoncantfly

Reaction score
I cannot get my skycontroller 2 to charge. I bought a brand new replacement battery and with the charger that came with it, nothing happens. No lights. Nothing. I got a laptop charging cord and adapter that fits and the charger light next to the adapter turns orange but thats it. I'm new to the bebop. Help!

Is it new or within it's guarantee period,if so,contact Parrot,if not you need a friendly electrician of some sort with a multi-meter who certainly should be able to find the weak point,could be anything,dry joint,failed circuits/condensers/capacitors(I'm guessing here!).

What is the voltage of the laptop charging cord? The skycontroller requires a 12 volt input for charging. Most laptop cords are usually 18 volts or higher, you may have damaged the charging circuit.

It is an 18 volt. I bought another controller and battery. I actually smelled a little burning where the battery connected to the controller after trying it again. I think its done! Novice i am!!

I got it VERY cheap on ebay and they wouldn't take returns. I think its officially for spare parts now.

I got a refurb Disco and the Skycontroller battery is dead. We have Traxxas cars and am wondering if a Traxxas 7.4V Lipo could be used. I would just have to swap connectors right?

Thanks,
Jim

Hello Jason,

You didn’t mention if it’s a cylinder or square battery type?

SkyController 2 has different models is it the small cylinder type or square battery type?

If it is the small cylinder type (Lower voltage), I’ve had the same problem of not having a proper charger for this particular Controller. So I charge the cylinder battery from a damaged Anafi SkyController 3, Anafi SkyController 3 uses the same cylinder type battery. Then, Remove battery and reinsert back into SkyController 2.

If it’s the square type battery (higher voltage), I would recommend going on eBay and purchasing another SkyController 2. Make sure it has the white elastic rubber band on antenna housing, this model supports the Square battery.

I get SkyController 2 from eBay all the time, usually can find them between $60 to $80 bucks shipped. Use both models, cylinder type and square battery type.

Please keep us posted, We can help just need more information.

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar