Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Skycontroller 2 charging issue

Captainspoke

Reaction score
Hello pilots! Im a long time bebop 2 pilot and i have recently come across a huge issue. My skycontroller 2 for the bebop 2 has stopped charging. In particular the moment i plug it in the wall to charge it, the charger starts blinking red. The controller is fully functional and its has about 50% charge remaining as of now so im able to normally fly my drone. However its a matter of time for my drone to become disabled due to the controller not charging. But neither can i find a fix for this online nor a new charger. Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• 20230719_173144.jpg
    20230719_173144.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230719_173146.jpg
    20230719_173146.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
Looks like you are using an HD charger for Li-Ion (Bebop 2 Power Black Band) for the white banded Lipo SC2. You need a non HD charger for that SC2 lipo. Or just do it externally.

So the controller and the charger came together when i bought the fpv pack. The battery in the controller is a Li-ion battery. How can i charge the battery externally? Is there a different kind of charger?
Looks like you are using an HD charger for Li-Ion (Bebop 2 Power Black Band) for the white banded Lipo SC2. You need a non HD charger for that SC2 lipo. Or just do it externally.

Attachments

• 20230720_111717.jpg
    20230720_111717.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
wait nvm its a lipo, im probably going to buy a new li-ion battery

Before you buy anything, what model number does the back of your charger say? Then you can determine if you need a new LiPo or LiIon. I personally wouldn't put a Li Ion in that non power version SC2. Could be a different charge circuitry for the different chemistries. Although I think others have and use it just fine but they charge it outside with another RC battery charger.

Last edited:
Before you buy anything, what model number does the back of your charger say? Then you can determine if you need a new LiPo or LiIon. I personally wouldn't put a Li Ion in that non power version SC2. Could be a different charge circuitry for the different chemistries. Although I think others have and use it just fine but they charge it outside with another RC battery charger.

I cant find a lipo sc2 battery online, what kind of charger is mine?

Attachments

• 20230721_090805.jpg
    20230721_090805.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
According to the model # that's the correct charger for the SC2. Make sure it is plugged in all the way on both ends, flashing red on charger may mean power is not getting through properly could be something wrong with pins inside cable or barrel connector itself. Take back off sc2 by turning coin screw and check everything connected properly in the use a volt meter etc check for line breaks. If nothing works I would charge it externally or just put in a new lipo if all else fails. And you may have to just charge externally from now on.

Im thinking there might be also something wrong with the charger. There seems to be 2 missing pins on the cable that connects to the charger. Additionally, the blinking red light does not occur when i connect the controller with the charger, the charger blinks red the moment i plug in the charging cable to the brick itself.

Attachments

• 20230722_010348.jpg
    20230722_010348.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230722_010357.jpg
    20230722_010357.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
That is normal. It's probably just the lipo, and charger is detecting a voltage too low to initiate a recharge. It's the lipo.

It's a good charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320