Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 4 compatability with Anafi USA-SE

Reo

Reaction score
Im having issues with skycontroller 3 loosing connection with Anafi USA at approx 350m height inspecting towers.
It is such a toy-like controller, does anyone know if the skycontroller 4 would maintain a better connection at high altitude, and if anyone sells them by themselves?
The wifi antenna looks more substantial on the sky controller 4.
Any assistance would help as there is zero customer support in Australia for Parrot gear. Even the place I purchased the drone finds it very difficult to get answers back from their rep.

I see them once in a great while on Ebay. It is not the controller, I have had the SC3 and regular anafi way out and no problem. SC3 weighs little and works great. It's the local flying environment. EMI field might do it if you are close to cell or radio tower. What messages are you getting? I dont have a USA version but that has a super zoom so no need to be right near your object to inspect. Parrot has stated the Anafi AI version can inspect towers better since it switches to 4g on connection loss, but you need an apple tablet for the ai

Last edited:
I see them once in a great while on Ebay. It is not the controller, I have had the SC3 and regular anafi way out and no problem. SC3 weighs little and works great. It's the local flying environment. EMI field might do it if you are close to cell or radio tower. What messages are you getting? I dont have a USA version but that has a super zoom so no need to be right near your object to inspect. Parrot has stated the Anafi AI version can inspect towers better since it switches to 4g on connection loss, but you need an apple tablet for the ai
Thanks for your comments!
I doubt I would upgrade to the AI as Parrot customer support is 0 in Australia and it is expensive.
When inspecting the towers and guy wires i am standing below the drone for VLOS, the connection indicator bars slowly reduce with altitude then the symbol turns brown, the picture becomes pixilated, at times the RTH function begins but i need to stop it asap as there are many guy wires and cables that could be struck if under an automated RTH.
My client requires 4k video of 2.5 inch cables and other rigging components and the zoom is helpful to a point then becomes very blurred. Im just after some piece of mind while close in.
Ill keep an eye out on ebay and the like.
Thank you

Are you pointing SC3 antenna at drone? The more you continualy point the better. The antennas on drone don't do best when you are directly underneath it tty to fly so you are standing more horizontal from it. No drone is going to do well in a high voltage power field and not have something go awry. Use the zoom, the USA zoom can see small objects for miles away. This way it lets you have a chance to not be in that field.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320