Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skydio X2 folding commercial drone just announced!

Very interesting: The first drone with needed night lights! switchable of course.
I just don't get it: Is skydio to late?
Or is a loophole in the Parrot military contract?
With "america first", Parrot should not have the contract, right?

• Haha
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Very interesting: The first drone with needed night lights! switchable of course.
I just don't get it: Is skydio to late?
Or is a loophole in the Parrot military contract?
With "america first", Parrot should not have the contract, right?

Don't worry, Skydio are not to late as other US drone companies are getting millions of dollars from the Department Of Defense.

Certainly all this is going to really harm DJI. And it looks like a strong possibility UK government is going to wave bye bye to Huawei as well. Think the world is now taking the way China controls everything, ever seriously.

You only have to look at the way Hong Kong is now being treated by the Chinese.

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Like the prop configuration. 3 Blades to each arm,, rear arms top mounted, front arms bottom mounted.

1594661777212.png

Wonder where they got the idea of the 180deg camera!!

They have also raised $100 million for the X2 development, and hints of US Govt having also invested part of its $13.4 million funding pot.

Last edited:
I love the competition! More options for us the consumer and maybe it makes DJI have to make a competing product or adjust pricing.

My only problem with the X2, Anafi USA and Autel Evo 2 Dual is the Boson core for the thermal.
On the Evo 2 Dual I did not see Gain/Range on the side of the thermal image. Every thermal camera I have ever used shows you the minimum and maximum temperature value that is currently on screen with a bar on the side. There is also no spot meter and I would guess there is also no temp box. I know it is not radiometric but DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is not radiometric and has these features.

At work we had a zoom conference with FLIR about purchasing their hyper expensive Skyranger R70. The package we were looking at no longer had a FLIR Tau2 core full radiometric, but had a Boson 640. I have serious issues that the thermal on this package went backwards in regards to radiometrics. After the conference call I stated that for the price we could get either 3 Matrice 300's with the Quad Cam or 2 Matrice 300's with the Quad cam and a ton of extra batteries. Of course the argument was the security issues of Chinese drones being brought up to where I asked if anyone could provide me concrete proof of this through any type of Homeland Security article or third party independent testing. I was directed to articles that were old and in my opinion did not show a definitive smoking gun only the possibility.

At work we have tough choices coming up with the perceived Chinese security problems, and now tough choices between many products all with pros and cons.

The funny thing was that the Zoom meeting with FLIR started out with (paraphrased) "We cannot compete on pricing with DJI drones", "But our products data security is second to none, and are grant friendly". This was followed with FLIR listing the current proposed legislation that is intended to pummel DJI drones.

Reactions: d95gas
From what i understand anafi usa is dust free,waterproof,all weather drone...i didnt find anything about skydio x2 being all weather or did i miss something

From what i understand anafi usa is dust free,waterproof,all weather drone...i didnt find anything about skydio x2 being all weather or did i miss something

I have not seen an IP rating yet on the Skydio X2. I would assume though that if it is also trying to win a spot in the US Army's Short Range Reconnaissance drone program that it would also have a decent IP rating.
I recently had to do a comparison of the X2, Anafi USA, FLIR Skyranger, Autel Evo II Dual and the Matrice 300. There were 36 categories and the Skyranger won (At its price of entry it better!), but the X2 while placing second only lost because I could not give an IP rating, speed and some other information that is not yet available.
Anafi USA ranked 4th and Evo 2 Dual finished last. Some of the categories were extremely subjective though.
Anafi USA lost big points on Range, Lack of Parachute System, No Optional/Changeable Cameras/Sensors, Lack of Obstacle Avoidance, Low Res Thermal with no Radiometrics, No Smart Type Controller, Lack of Manufacturer Live Stream, too small for Drop Kit, Lack of Anti Collision Lights, no tethering, no dual controllers, no hot swap battery and finally lack of an Enterprise worthy Customer Service along with enhanced warranty replacement plan (DJI Enterprise Shield).

I decided to see if I could find all of the entries for the US Army SRR drone program. I think I found all of them except for 1. Very interesting finds. You will find one particular entry to be very similar to the Anafi USA, perhaps looks too much like it.

Entries:
Parrot Anafi USA Parrot ANAFI USA - The professional drone made in U.S.A.
Skydio X2 Skydio X2™
Altavian Ion M440 Ion M440 American Made Tactical Quadcopter — Altavian
Teal Golden Eagle Home - Teal Drones
Lumenier I could not find which product they have entered.

Parrot has made a very serious competitor after briefly looking at the available specs for each.
I hope that more information comes out on why the winner was picked and also full specs on all drones.

I decided to see if I could find all of the entries for the US Army SRR drone program. I think I found all of them except for 1. Very interesting finds. You will find one particular entry to be very similar to the Anafi USA, perhaps looks too much like it.

Entries:
Parrot Anafi USA Parrot ANAFI USA - The professional drone made in U.S.A.
Skydio X2 Skydio X2™
Altavian Ion M440 Ion M440 American Made Tactical Quadcopter — Altavian
Teal Golden Eagle Home - Teal Drones
Lumenier I could not find which product they have entered.

Parrot has made a very serious competitor after briefly looking at the available specs for each.
I hope that more information comes out on why the winner was picked and also full specs on all drones.
i just wanna mention that parrot has different controller for a anafi usa,i believe it is made for millitary,it looks like 8 inch tablet with sticks ,it was shown in one of youtube videos recently

i just wanna mention that parrot has different controller for a anafi usa,i believe it is made for millitary,it looks like 8 inch tablet with sticks ,it was shown in one of youtube videos recently

I saw that the US Army version does have a "Smart Controller" available, but as of right now Anafi USA comes with the love it or hate it Skycontroller 3. Parrot ANAFI USA - Thermal Drone
Hopefully they allow you to buy it in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut