Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Starting a Flight Plan from a Hover

pmh1nic

Reaction score
I set up a flight plan but want to start it from a hover rather than the initial launch site to avoid obstacles in the launch area. Is it possible to have the Anafi already in the air and hovering before initialing a flight plan?

My understanding is if you set up a flight plan and launch the Anafi it will head straight for the first waypoint. In this case it would fly right into some trees. I would like to fly it manually to a spot away from all obstacles so that there is nothing between that point and the first waypoint.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I set up a flight plan but want to start it from a hover rather than the initial launch site to avoid obstacles in the launch area. Is it possible to have the Anafi already in the air and hovering before initialing a flight plan?

My understanding is if you set up a flight plan and launch the Anafi it will head straight for the first waypoint. In this case it would fly right into some trees. I would like to fly it manually to a spot away from all obstacles so that there is nothing between that point and the first waypoint.

You just fly out near your starting point so there are no houses / trees / flagpoles between your Anafi and the starting point of your Flight Plan and then run the plan.

Yes you have understood how it works 100% correctly.

Regards, Leif.

Dont do what i did and set the first way point 100m distance and 70m altitude then take off and press play!!!! Worst. crash. ever!

You just fly out near your starting point so there are no houses / trees / flagpoles between your Anafi and the starting point of your Flight Plan and then run the plan.

?

• Wow
Reactions: Chorobe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilippB