Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stop calls and text on phone during flight

kipperflip

Reaction score
I feel stupid for even asking this but it almost cost me a crash, so I’ll ask, how do you make sure your iPhone won’t allow any calls/texts/alerts that might interrupt your flight?

I know there is Do Not Disturb mode for calls and text, but then one of my VIP exceptions called me...

Pretend I’m your grandma and I don’t know anything. What is the way to make sure 100% that your iPhone won’t break connection with Anafi to tell you there’s a new reward in Candy Crush?

On another note, I play a lot of Hearthstone on my phone and it used to be that nothing would disconnect my game, even a phone call. Something changed this month. Now, I get disconnected for anything, including Battery Low....

That’s why I need someone who has this _nailed down_ to tell me what’s up. I don’t want to think I’m good and then learn the hard way I should have done this one esoteric setting that would have saved me. Please help. I had to pull my Anafi out of mid air hover last flight so I could power it down. I learned then that you need to know how to connect to your Anafi manually in case of emergency. My son and I were looking at my Anafi struggling in my hand, while we had no control, and I was frantically telling him to connect in the App. No go. All because someone from my VIP list called mid flight...

And right below my post is an “Explanation of WiFi” post that explains most of what I wanted to know and corrects several of my misconceptions, such as thinking I had to have cellular on so my iPhone could access maps and such. Heck, I had no idea the controller had WiFi.

Sorry for being “that guy”. I did search first, promise.

Oh well, I still wouldn’t mind some tips from experienced pilots. My 5th flight I was trying to get a selfie shot of my group at church camp and between some unfortunate gusts of wind, and I assume interference from the 400 cell phones of teens standing around, my Anafi lost its mind. I was able to pilot it over to a foot off the roof of a building before I lost all control. Only lost a prop.

Last edited:
I feel stupid for even asking this but it almost cost me a crash, so I’ll ask, how do you make sure your iPhone won’t allow any calls/texts/alerts that might interrupt your flight?

I know there is Do Not Disturb mode for calls and text, but then one of my VIP exceptions called me...

Pretend I’m your grandma and I don’t know anything. What is the way to make sure 100% that your iPhone won’t break connection with Anafi to tell you there’s a new reward in Candy Crush?

On another note, I play a lot of Hearthstone on my phone and it used to be that nothing would disconnect my game, even a phone call. Something changed this month. Now, I get disconnected for anything, including Battery Low....

That’s why I need someone who has this _nailed down_ to tell me what’s up. I don’t want to think I’m good and then learn the hard way I should have done this one esoteric setting that would have saved me. Please help. I had to pull my Anafi out of mid air hover last flight so I could power it down. I learned then that you need to know how to connect to your Anafi manually in case of emergency. My son and I were looking at my Anafi struggling in my hand, while we had no control, and I was frantically telling him to connect in the App. No go. All because someone from my VIP list called mid flight...
And, you might want to consider reviewing and "stopping" all those running programs on the phone before flying...especially a game!
Anything that is using the resources and memory of the phone WILL affect the performance of your phone and the Free Flight app..
It is potentially dangerous to both the drone and as you discovered, a crowd of people if that drone comes down

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood