Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The One Thing I don't like about the Parrot ANAFI

Have you had success grading PLOG?

• Yep

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes, using LUTS

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nope, still haven't been able to grade it properly

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I never find a need to use it anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Gadget Inspector

Reaction score
The ANAFI is one of my favorite drones. There are so many great things about it, namely the flight plan feature. Too bad progressive course doesn't work, but it's still a great feature. This video isn't about that though ?. In this video I talk about the one thing I still can't figure out.

I have been trying out the P-Log and in Premiere I had a good result with simply setting the saturation to 150%. The rest are minor tweaks what I do. Especially grass stays green in every situation unlike in the auto mode where there is a colorshift to brownish-green.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
I´ve a very good workflow in DavinciResolve for Log-grading which works also perfect for P-Log:

You need 3-4 Nodes:

* ResolveFXcolor -> Color Space Transform
Settings: input color space: sony s-gamut / input gamma: sony s-log / output color space: arri alexa / output gamma: arri logc

-> here you transform the p-log colorspace to Arri colorspace

* Exposure / DynamicRange / Contrast / colorboost / Saturation

-> here you make the color correction (but first you have to make the third node so you can see the end-result on the fly)

Settings: input color space: arri alexa / input gamma: arri logc / output color space: rec.709 / output gamma: rec.709 / tone mapping method: lumincance mapping, custom max input 500-1500 / gammut mapping: saturation mapping

-> here you finally transform the Arri colorspace to rec.709

* sharpen / creative LUT and so on

-> final adjustments if needed. I´m sharpening the image a little bit and if I need a special look I sometimes apply a LUT

It looks a little bit complicated at first but it´s not that hard and the result is awesome! ;)

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
The ANAFI is one of my favorite drones. There are so many great things about it, namely the flight plan feature. Too bad progressive course doesn't work, but it's still a great feature. This video isn't about that though ?. In this video I talk about the one thing I still can't figure out.
I have been using Grassvalley EDIUS for many years.
It is very easy to turn PLOG footage into normal footage. I apply the "primary color correction" filter to the video track. Here you can use 3 methods and combinations of them.
1. I use the "lift" "gamma" and "gain" sliders to restore the correct levels for the dark, mid and light parts.
S curve 2.jpg
2. I set the linear curve of the "Curve" graph to "S" shape. By grabbing the points of the dark, middle and light levels, I drag them to the corresponding level
S curve.jpg
3. at the "Color Space" menu point, select "Destination/LUT'
dropdown, add a LUT template and fine-tune it using the previous two methods
LUT.jpg
The first two methods only affect the light levels so the colours remain the original Parrot colours, which I don't like.
The third method is the best because it allows you to change the composition of the colours. The DJI colors are closer to the real colors, which is why I was looking for the DJI Phantom LUT. Look at the roof tile color, it's not as yellowish as the Parrot colors, so it's closer to the real thing)

Last edited:
I´ve a very good workflow in DavinciResolve for Log-grading which works also perfect for P-Log:

You need 3-4 Nodes:

Settings: input color space: sony s-gamut / input gamma: sony s-log / output color space: arri alexa / output gamma: arri logc

-> here you transform the p-log colorspace to Arri colorspace

* Exposure / DynamicRange / Contrast / colorboost / Saturation

-> here you make the color correction (but first you have to make the third node so you can see the end-result on the fly)

Settings: input color space: arri alexa / input gamma: arri logc / output color space: rec.709 / output gamma: rec.709 / tone mapping method: lumincance mapping, custom max input 500-1500 / gammut mapping: saturation mapping

-> here you finally transform the Arri colorspace to rec.709

* sharpen / creative LUT and so on

-> final adjustments if needed. I´m sharpening the image a little bit and if I need a special look I sometimes apply a LUT

It looks a little bit complicated at first but it´s not that hard and the result is awesome! ;)
Thanks! I use Premiere Pro but I'll have to look into Resolve for my Anafi footage.

I have been using Grassvalley EDIUS for many years.
It is very easy to turn PLOG footage into normal footage. I apply the "primary color correction" filter to the video track. Here you can use 3 methods and combinations of them.
1. I use the "lift" "gamma" and "gain" sliders to restore the correct levels for the dark, mid and light parts.
View attachment 5595
2. I set the linear curve of the "Curve" graph to "S" shape. By grabbing the points of the dark, middle and light levels, I drag them to the corresponding level
View attachment 5596
3. at the "Color Space" menu point, select "Destination/LUT'
dropdown, add a LUT template and fine-tune it using the previous two methods
View attachment 5597
The first two methods only affect the light levels so the colours remain the original Parrot colours, which I don't like.
The third method is the best because it allows you to change the composition of the colours. The DJI colors are closer to the real colors, which is why I was looking for the DJI Phantom LUT. Look at the roof tile color, it's not as yellowish as the Parrot colors, so it's closer to the real thing)
AWESOME THANKS! Is that software free? If not, how much?

AWESOME THANKS! Is that software free? If not, how much?
No. It is not free. It's broadcast editing software. In America it costs $499. If a student buys it, the price is $200.
I have been making wedding videos for 20 years and this is the best software I have used.
The Davinci resolve is much more complicated to use and has very high machine requirements, especially for the video card. On the same machine that Edius runs fluently, Davinci resolve jerkings and often freezes (but it is free)

No. It is not free. It's broadcast editing software. In America it costs $499. If a student buys it, the price is $200.
I have been making wedding videos for 20 years and this is the best software I have used.
The Davinci resolve is much more complicated to use and has very high machine requirements, especially for the video card. On the same machine that Edius runs fluently, Davinci resolve jerkings and often freezes (but it is free)
Ok thanks. I'm a bit invested in the Adobe suite of products, so maybe I'll take a look at the Davinci option. Again, thanks for sharing. It may help someone that comes across your post.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Ok thanks. I'm a bit invested in the Adobe suite of products, so maybe I'll take a look at the Davinci option. Again, thanks for sharing. It may help someone that comes across your post.
You´re welcome!
If you have questions with this method, let me know.
Davinci Resolve got better and better every version and is especially for color-grading one of the best options. I like it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut