Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Rock

Mar

Reaction score
Just a reminder that I am still a noob to this flying a drone and creating a vid, can't wait till I get smooth at filming while flying...so bare with me.
This was shot near a newish development site and still growing. I have no idea what they will built here. This is more or less part 1 of 2 videos of the same place.
I sure have my work cut out before I git gud. LOL. Shot at 2.7k @ 30 fps. Had issues with seeing my phone screen in the brightness just to make it interesting. Very windy, Anafi sounded like it was working hard at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krusty Geeza

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
I loved the really low point of view just after 0:30! It made the rocks covered in snow look so much more interesting with those curved shapes repeating off into the distance. Nicely done! Beautiful countryside & nice, gentle flying.

I was expecting to see you on top of the giant rock at the end. ;)

Reactions: Mar

Mar

Reaction score
Thanks. Would be cool if only the Anafi could float me up there, LOL
I re-title this thread from Roack and a boat to The rock, boat is in next video coming soon.

Still got a longs ways to go before I really plan my flights and all, more or less. Is it me or is there like fluttering, best I can describe at the moment, in some frames?

Plus when I pull up and away, it looks like a dog face to me LOL.

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Thanks. Would be cool if only the Anafi could float me up there, LOL
I re-title this thread from Roack and a boat to The rock, boat is in next video coming soon.

Still got a longs ways to go before I really plan my flights and all, more or less. Is it me or is there like fluttering, best I can describe at the moment, in some frames?

Plus when I pull up and away, it looks like a dog face to me LOL.
Looking forward to the Boat.

If you pan (yaw) too fast left or right, the lagging or stuttering is visible. There's not a huge amount we can do about it as it is a bit of a known obstacle to recording as mp4 (H264). It's a limitation for us to work with, owning the Anafi. I yaw slowly, then speed it up, applying stabilizing & rolling shutter fixes in my video editor. That takes a lot of processing time, but is worth it in the long run for smoother footage. I'm waiting on a 3.5 minute clip to go through this at the moment, which on my computer takes about 40 - 60 minutes to process that.

Now that you mention it, I can see a dog's face! :)

Bring on the Boat!

Mar

Reaction score
You could be right about that but there was a good wind happening also, I figure maybe close to 30 km. Drone was working so hard trying to stay stable that it was louder then usual . Amazing little guy.

Next Video also about 40 minutes away.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nickfre