Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Timeline for Assigning 107 Certificate Number

pmh1nic

Reaction score
In case anyone is wonder how long the process is taking from the time you take/pass the test until the time your certificate number is posted on the FAA's IACRA website, for me it was...

1/24/2019 - Took the 107 test
1/29/2019 - Record of passing the test post on FAA IACRA website (temporary license with certificate number shown as "Pending")
3/13/2019 - Certificate number posted to FAA IACRA website

I'm assuming the plastic is in the mail or will be shortly.

Reactions: RockClimberKen
Thanks for sharing. Did it take you take any (paid) courses to study for the test?

I've been asked to do some aerial photography for real estate listing and so I believe I will need a certificate as well.

Thanks for sharing. Did it take you take any (paid) courses to study for the test?

I've been asked to do some aerial photography for real estate listing and so I believe I will need a certificate as well.
I have a private pilot's license and instrument rating so it was just a matter of brushing up on airspace regulations and things specific to flying drones. That said, while all the information required for the test can be found for free on line I would highly recommend paying for an online course. It will take you step by step through what you need to know rather than you sorting through vast amounts of information and getting bogged down with stuff you really don't need to focus on. I used King Schools material for my private and instrument but there are other course I've heard are very well done. I heard Remote Pilot 101 was an excellent course.

You only need 2 items:
  1. Tony Northurps Video
  2. Remote Pilot app from the play store. Total cost $5.
Watch the video several times and take the practice test as well.

Reactions: Frank Candor
You only need 2 items:
  1. Tony Northurps Video
  2. Remote Pilot app from the play store. Total cost $5.
Watch the video several times and take the practice test as well.

Tony's video is good but I don't think he goes into enough detail as far as background and eplanations of some elements of the test subject matter. That my opinion as a manned aircraft pilot that add the 107. I'm not familiar with the Play Store app. I also hear the Remote Pilot 101 has continuously updated information that prepares you for the recurrent testing.

Tony's video is good but I don't think he goes into enough detail as far as background and eplanations of some elements of the test subject matter. That my opinion as a manned aircraft pilot that add the 107. I'm not familiar with the Play Store app. I also hear the Remote Pilot 101 has continuously updated information that prepares you for the recurrent testing.

Yes,

Remote Pilot 101 prepares you for both exams and is continuous updated. It's the best $5 I've ever spent. P.S. i'm not affiliated in anyway with either of my recommendations. Just providing information based on taking and passing the 107 first try yeah!!!! ?

Yes,

Remote Pilot 101 prepares you for both exams and is continuous updated. It's the best $5 I've ever spent. P.S. i'm not affiliated in anyway with either of my recommendations. Just providing information based on taking and passing the 107 first try yeah!!!! ?

Remote Pilot 101 is the online video course. It's $149.00 and includes test preparation for both the initial and recurrent test.

Remote Pilot 101 Video Course

Remote Pilot 101 is the online video course. It's $149.00 and includes test preparation for both the initial and recurrent test.

Remote Pilot 101 Video Course

Last time I checked the course wasn't referenced.
Statement was download the app from the App Store. Can't understand if your intentions are to assist people in acquiring a part 107 or just here to try and discredit others?
However, the video and app are all you need.
Listed below are the actual prices on the each perspective store for apple & google. The app comes with a complete study guide and randomly generated test and scoring each time it's taken.
RemotePilot.PNG
remote pilot2.PNG

Reactions: apixelpilot
Last time I checked the course wasn't referenced.
Statement was download the app from the App Store. Can't understand if your intentions are to assist people in acquiring a part 107 or just here to try and discredit others?
However, the video and app are all you need.
Listed below are the actual prices on the each perspective store for apple & google. The app comes with a complete study guide and randomly generated test and scoring each time it's taken.
View attachment 2015
View attachment 2016

You seem very defensive which is probably grounded in your own insecurity. My comments were my opinion based on my experience. I'm giving a SUGGESTION based on that experience. I'd like to how you can tell some else "this is all you need"? You have know idea what they might need to prepare for the test so get off your high horse, offer a suggestion based on your experience and don't accuse others who might have a difference of opinion of trying to discredit others.

I've watch Tony's video and think it is helpful but don't think he covers the material in quite enough depth. I don't think anyone could in a two hour video. I also clarified the course you were referring to has a similar name but is NOT the Remote Pilot 101 course I was referring to so lets not get bent out of shape over a correction or difference of opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut