Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

too much lag

ddaky

Reaction score
hello...i bought a new phone and install oficial app from store but it is not flyable...it have to mach lag so it is not safe....did anybody have this problems

Your phone is ....?
It might just not have the performance it would need to have, so just tell us the model, to look at this

Reactions: Nidge
As Ana789 suggests, please tell us the make and model of the phone.

Just like PC’s not all Android phones are created equal, despite the manufacturers claimed specs.

I’m currently Beta testing and debugging a drone APP for another manufacturer. One interesting issue I’ve found is due to a specific hardware device within a specific manufacturers phone the live video feed will not render, even though the phone, on paper, is significantly more powerful than other phones the APP does run on.

Nidge.

Bad news, perhaps?

I have an idea: No Qualcomm / Snapdragon can be the trouble!

That phone has the specs to run the app well...I would go through and see what is running on the phone and shut down whatever you do not need to fly. Did you try it in "airplane mode" to cut down on possible interference and bandwidth use? Do you have a smartwatch which can be using resources from the phone ( if connected at all) . Does that phone have any "battery/power management options that could be throttling the app?

Reactions: dashSolo
i turn off mobile network and wifi on the phone...no interferance at all far away from everything

i turn off mobile network and wifi on the phone...no interferance at all far away from everything
There is something running on the phone that is affecting the app's performance.
What was the previous device you were using before this "new" phone? That one didn't lag?

I am not familiar with the exact model you have (Redmi Note 8 Pro) but most phones have a way to see what is using memory and processing percentage. Usually either an app or in the settings menu. Once you see what is hogging the resources, you can disable or remove it. I suggest spending some time researching that aspect of the phone...Again, the phone's specs are plenty good enough to smoothly run the Freeflight app....There is some app or system program that is consuming the resources or interfering with the parrot app.

Reactions: Zigzag84
Could be related to the Mediatek chipset which on the paper is quite powerful but sadly the Parrot app seems not optimized for it.

I had the same problem with a tablet that i tried to use with the Anafi. Performance were so poor at the video streaming that i had to return it. Never had problem with Qualcomm chipset tho.

Last edited:
Could be related to the Mediatek chipset which on the paper is quite powerful but sadly the Parrot app seems not optimized for it.

I had the same problem with a tablet that i tried to use with the Anafi. Performance were so poor at the video streaming that i had to return it. Never had problem with Qualcomm chipset tho.
Same challenge: Huawei mediapad T3 7 "tablet, the DJGO4 app worked perfectly, Spark's live image was perfect.
The live image of Parrot freeflight6 Anafi is constantly cluttering, unusable.
Parrot has not optimized for mediatek Soc.

I also use Mediatek chipset based Wiko phone, and sometimes get huge lags, often when selecting options related to Flight Plan, sometimes even with photo settings, unlock AE. On other occasions everything is fine, though... No video lag yet, except if the Anafi is too far of course.

If Parrot could solve these issues, that would be a nice update ! (wink wink ! )

The problem is those ad-/ spyware phones are often “fake”; they claim to have hardware accelerated video decoding, but there is no decoding block on the SoC; so it has to decode it in software which is several times slower.
The whole phone will be at 100% cpu utilization and even that is not enough.

Those phones are designed to 24/7 track your location, every word you type, website you visit, etc, and send it to google. Not to provide a good user experience.

Samsung or HTC or Sony phones still use ad-spyware as the OS basis, but at least they have real hardware inside and can work smoothly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave01