Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Truck crash

slvervper99

Reaction score
A truck landed on a ditch last night by my neck of the woods, took out power lines and some power to some houses including mine.....scary thought. Anafi's aren't made for night time vids :D BTW...I have the last firmware and I didn't seem to have an issue with my Iphone.
Video removed by the OP

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
A truck landed on a ditch last night by my neck of the woods, took out power lines and some power to some houses including mine.....scary thought. Anafi's aren't made for night time vids :D BTW...I have the last firmware and I didn't seem to have an issue with my Iphone.
]

It’s the biggest issue with your clients as they don’t understand digital sensors need light and lots of it. I’ve got a job where they wanted to see people walking into a building lit only by a string of cantina lights. All you see is blobs moving and nothing cool at all. My Q500 still has my best night camera even though it’s pushing the ISO values, the distortion is kind of cool looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is not only unsafe but illegal in a couple ways . 1 FAA cant fly at night 2 FAA cant fly over first responders 3 HIPA privacy laws of the injured.

This is not only unsafe but illegal in a couple ways . 1 FAA cant fly at night 2 FAA cant fly over first responders 3 HIPA privacy laws of the injured.

You're correct on the first two but I don't think you are correct on the last. Anything that can be viewed from a public area can be filmed. There is no expectation of privacy when you're in a public space and what is happening can be seen from a public area.

Hey man, my understanding of flying at night is that you can as long as you have the led light/s are not blocked and that you can see the drone within line of sight. Second = I was flying literally over my roof (so again...line of sight) not over the first responders....if the drone crashes, it will not affect the rescue effort of the first responders. It looks that way but I was about 100-150 feet from the actual scene....not trying to make an excuse or anything. I took down the vid because I don't want people misinterpreting it as me interfering with the rescue efforts. You can be angry...that I cannot change and that is your opinion. But with regard to HIPPA not HIPA. There are no privacy laws broken here. I can't see a good visual on the truck let alone faces of the people involved. But I will post a picture with me using my Iphone inside my house through the window. My other question would be - what is the difference between me taking a video while sitting on my roof (hypothetical) and me taking a video with the drone while the drone is literally on top of my roof? I attached the pics. Be angry all you want...nothing illegal here.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 11

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members