Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trying out some LUT's in Vegas

Czolgy

Reaction score
I just spend a few hours this afternoon experimenting with LUTs (look up tables) for the first time in Vegas. I decided to take one clip and apply a different LUT to each copy with no other alterations just for fun. I stitched a few of these together , the first 10 seconds is directly from the drone footage, each subsequent 10 seconds has a different LUT applied.

I just spend a few hours this afternoon experimenting with LUTs (look up tables) for the first time in Vegas. I decided to take one clip and apply a different LUT to each copy with no other alterations just for fun. I stitched a few of these together , the first 10 seconds is directly from the drone footage, each subsequent 10 seconds has a different LUT applied.

Yes, you can spend many hours chasing the right LUT. I was not on the spot when you made the shot and could see the colors with my own eyes, but I thought you should try to chase further because none of the LUT you use looks natural (right) on my screen. Anafi's own NAT "LUT" will presumably give a more natural look.

Regards Leif.

At the moment I'm just experimenting, I know they look pretty unnatural. I was just getting a feel of the differences between them and the easiest way was to re-do the same clip for comparison purposes. I purposely didn't do any other corrections at all. I have some other takes that look much better but I only added some of the more extreme ones into my Vimeo upload

At the moment I'm just experimenting, I know they look pretty unnatural. I was just getting a feel of the differences between them and the easiest way was to re-do the same clip for comparison purposes. I purposely didn't do any other corrections at all. I have some other takes that look much better but I only added some of the more extreme ones into my Vimeo upload

Yes, there are no problems finding some LUT's that are not true to nature in the colors. I think I've collected/bought over 1000 different LUTs and I only use max 20 of them. Actually, I usually use Anafi's NAT position as it usually produces natural colors here where I make video. On the other hand, I always use LUT to get natural colors from the camera on my DJI drones because they can not make natural colors seen with a Europeans eye.

Regards Leif.

What I am still missing is a good DCP (DNG Camera Profile) for Anafi's RAW images. Has anyone made a DCP (ICC type or so) for Anafi with a color chart yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood