Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Turning the Anafi on while it is in its case

Axonanafi

Reaction score
I have the extended pack that holds the drone in the lid and on occasions I have opened the case to find a hot drone and the cooling fan whirring away.
Somehow while shutting the case I have managed to turn the drone on.
I now unclip the battery and move it back on its mounting before I put it in the case.
Has anyone else had this problem? Or am just clumsy?

Reactions: Zigzag84
Yes, just once this happened to me, and after realising it can happen I no longer leave the battery attached to the drone.

I was in an airport departure lounge (not a great place to discover this) and my son (obsessed with free wifi) said to me it was odd that his phone showed a wifi network named 'ANAFI-xxxxxx'. !!!!!!

After a few seconds it dawned on me that my Anafi in my hand luggage was obviously switched on. I took everything out and of course it was all very hot. I was convinced i had probably fried the poor thing in its case, but as we were in an airport I couldn't exactly test it.

Fortunately, once home, I was able to test everything and surprisingly nothing was harmed. Have had many flights since with drone and same battery.

So yes, I agree the Extended case is not perfect and presumably something in my hand luggage pushed hard enough onto the case to push the battery switch against the controller.

Yes. It's happened to me once. Since then, I remove the battery every time when I store the Anafi into the case.

It happened to me as well. It was switched on when I closed the small metal button of the inner case. I probably pressed a little too hard, and that button is right on top of the power button of the anafi. Since then, I push it very gently. No issue since.

Why are you leaving it on the drone connected regardless of it being off anyways? Noob mistakes.

I have both the ‘Anafi Works’ case and the standard Anafi little rectangular box.
When I put both drones back in their respective cases, I unclip the battery and put it backwards on the Anafi (180° rotation along the ‘z’ axis).

This way it fits in both cases and their is no accidental switch-on risk...

Reactions: JCamilo and zandoli
Same thing happened to me some time back- swear i did not fat thumb it
what I did notice on some of my batteries back then, after the fact, was you could turn battery on by slightly pressing battery casing near on off button
I suspect that cells may have started to swell internally without any indication of swelling externally
personally I don't think it was a noob mistake as parrot designed case to accept drone with battery engaged
I also learned that battery / drone fan did not shut down due to extreme temp - could have been a disaster
Was blazing hot and smelled like fried circuitry
I also stopped engaging battery while storing -

Same thing happened to me some time back- swear i did not fat thumb it
what I did notice on some of my batteries back then, after the fact, was you could turn battery on by slightly pressing battery casing near on off button
I suspect that cells may have started to swell internally without any indication of swelling externally
personally I don't think it was a noob mistake as parrot designed case to accept drone with battery engaged
I also learned that battery / drone fan did not shut down due to extreme temp - could have been a disaster
Was blazing hot and smelled like fried circuitry
I also stopped engaging battery while storing -
So that no 'goofy' calls me 'Noob', I made the 'contraption', visible in the photo. Even during operation, I never remove the elastic. This elastic is used to hold the hair. Forget the blue rubber band, it doesn't count, for this matter.

Attachments

• 20210221_173325.jpg
    20210221_173325.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210221_163540.jpg
    20210221_163540.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210221_163730.jpg
    20210221_163730.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210221_175107.jpg
    20210221_175107.jpg