Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Two different versions/models/hulls?

WolfSpring

Reaction score
I know that there is the original mambo with the shooter and claw and the FPV version, but are the hulls different in any way? I cam across an article today:

Mambo FPV: A Solid Upgrade From its Predecessor.

It states : "Besides that, the only real differences are a negligible weight increase from 2.22 ounces to 2.24 ounces."

I have both models and all the items work on both, I haven't weighed them but there was no noticeable difference, maybe a larger battery when the FPV came out? i am going to pull them out an see what I can figure out today, but wanted to see if anyone knew of a difference.

My 10 year old an I have been playing liftoff and we ordered the emax ez pilot begginer FPV drone and I was thinking about the mambos, which I didn't even know had a racing mode, I do mostly photography, but if this thing gets close to 8-10 minutes of fpv time wow! I'd be happy with 5 honestly I have like 7 batters so. I am just curious about the differences if any.

I know that there is the original mambo with the shooter and claw and the FPV version, but are the hulls different in any way? I cam across an article today:

Mambo FPV: A Solid Upgrade From its Predecessor.

It states : "Besides that, the only real differences are a negligible weight increase from 2.22 ounces to 2.24 ounces."

I have both models and all the items work on both, I haven't weighed them but there was no noticeable difference, maybe a larger battery when the FPV came out? i am going to pull them out an see what I can figure out today, but wanted to see if anyone knew of a difference.

My 10 year old an I have been playing liftoff and we ordered the emax ez pilot begginer FPV drone and I was thinking about the mambos, which I didn't even know had a racing mode, I do mostly photography, but if this thing gets close to 8-10 minutes of fpv time wow! I'd be happy with 5 honestly I have like 7 batters so. I am just curious about the differences if any.
I have owned both.... they are the same drone, same battery, the weight difference is in the camera which snaps on.

The Ryze Tello is a much better drone than the Mambo. Developed by DJI, built in camera, better battery life, longer signal range, similar price. The TelloFPV app allows you to use it with the Mambo controller and will let you do FPV as well.

71lOHyfoVhL._AC_SL1500_.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 7.19.04 PM.png

I have the tello and tello EDU, never really thought of trying FPV, as far as video drones I don't like them I always have issues with the recorded video to my phone, where the mambo has a dedicated SD card. I have an android and getting the T1S remote to sync and fly is a PITA as it connects to the phone where the flypad connects to the mambo without a phone. It's my daughters favorite to fly though.

Reactions: Saladshooter
I have the tello and tello EDU, never really thought of trying FPV, as far as video drones I don't like them I always have issues with the recorded video to my phone, where the mambo has a dedicated SD card. I have an android and getting the T1S remote to sync and fly is a PITA as it connects to the phone where the flypad connects to the mambo without a phone. It's my daughters favorite to fly though.
The Tello with the Flypad attached and the TelloFPV app is fantastic. I have had the Mambo run out of signal or become unresponsive way too many times even at close range to trust it. I even have a small repeater/range extender you can stick out in the field to fly the Tello further.

Even though its called the TelloFPV app, the FPV part is the least of its upgrades to the Tello app. You can assign every button on the Flypad, have a dedicated sport mode, etc.

As for video, I don't really use the Tello or the Mambo for anything other than fun flying. The bigger camera drones (Anafi, Air 2S etc) do all of my recording.

Are you saying you can use the Parrot Flypad controller on the tello, or are you using it as a generic term? The was my biggest problem with the tello was the controller to phone interface, if the flypad is compatable that's a game changer.

Are you saying you can use the Parrot Flypad controller on the tello, or are you using it as a generic term? The was my biggest problem with the tello was the controller to phone interface, if the flypad is compatable that's a game changer.
Yes you can use the Parrot Flypad on the Tello..... it makes it all worthwhile. You still need the phone connection to work the TelloFPV app. It streamlines the process but still has to link up between batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame