Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Unresponsive screen in latest FF6.6.2 on flight data

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
I updated my FF6 app (Android, on Samsung S7 phone) about a week ago to 6.6.2. There appears to be a new bug ..... when viewing the flights logged, if you touch once on either the date area, or the download button, usually now nothing happens. If you press 2, 3 or even 5 times quickly, you may be lucky and it will respond as it should. All other parts of the screen, and all buttons on every other screen work fine.

FF6.6.2_screenshot_flights.jpg

I asked a friend who has the app on his Samsung S9 to try and he gets exactly the same issue now.

Could I ask a few of you to test this too, and report back if it's working fine for you, or not (and whether you use Android or iOS) - thanks

Yep I get this on my SGS8+ but not my SGS6 Edge.

It does actually respond you just have to touch in the right spot.

The get it to work you have to close the app using the overview button (the square button or the hamburger button, next to your home button) then close FF6. When you restart it will work normally.

Same thing going on here on my android, several quickish prods and you might get lucky. Interestingly if I log out from My Parrot the flight data can

be accessed by a single press anywhere in the relevant flight box.

Being logged out there is no download option ; the upload button is there and gives some curious options o_O

Yes I think too - this problem only really started since I did the October 2019 software updates on the Samsung S8+

Everyone else suffering are you using Samsung devices with the last Oct updates installed?

Must be something to do with the type of phone. I use a LG G6 and have no problem.

I think you missunderstood - it does not effect using FF6, it is only on the flight data review screen where you cannot select any of the flights listed.

Just flew and no issues with a SAMSUNG S8 and flew yesterday with S10+ no issues.

I think you misunderstood - it does not effect using FF6, it is only on the flight data review screen where you cannot select any of the flights listed.
No I understood, you wrote "if you touch once on either the date area, or the download button nothing happens"
My two phones S8 & S10+ function in the area noted with no issues.

Thanks everyone for your tests and reporting back. Seems it's affecting some of us, so I'll send an email to Parrot in case they are unaware.

Cheers
Joe

Updated my SGS8+ to the latest 1 Dec security updates few days back, and this seems to have resolved the touch issues with FF6.6.2 (for me).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut