Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Updating Anafi - How long does it take?

Liger 1956

Reaction score
I have just received my Anafi. As the controller was still on charge, I charged the Anafi first, I connected to it with my tablet. FF6 required me to update the Anafi software so I let it start doing that. It has now been about 30 minutes and I still have the battery lights flashing alternately on the Anafi and the completion bar in the app is very nearly at the end but it has been that way for about 20 minutes. Should I leave it a bit longer or is there a way to stop the update and start again using the, now, fully charged controller? The cancel button in FF6 does nothing.

You should have been using the controller in the first place. It needs to update first, then the Anafi. Its in the Manual. "Tap the green “FLY” box on the homepage of FreeFlight 6 to launch the initial updates. FreeFlight 6 automatically updates the Parrot Skycontroller 3 first, and Anafi second."

Thanks for the swift reply. I had 'read' the manual but I must have missed that bit. I held down the Anafi battery button for a few seconds and it rebooted. I then connected with the controller, which updated itself, and it said that the Anafi was already up to date. Thanks for your help.

It might be an idea to do resets on everything once the updates have been done, some people have had issues with drones dropping just after updates.

Thanks, I don't intend flying until tomorrow so both the controller and Anafi will be cycled on and off a few times before my first flight.

According to Skydreamer (another user on this site)..
To do all 3 reset..
1) Plug battery into wall charger, press and hold power button for 15 seconds.
2) Reinstall the battery in the Anafi, power up, then press and hold power button for 12 seconds to do a hard reset.
3) Connect phone to controller and it should open up freeflight 6, once the controller and the drone have connected, hit the Drone icon to the left of the SD card icon, in the next screen you will see map and numbers below map...scroll down and you will see a hidden Factory (soft) Reset button...reset anafi and right after you will be asked to recalibrate ....if that doesnt help automatically then go to settings/camera and attempt to recalibrate from there..

I have just received my Anafi. As the controller was still on charge, I charged the Anafi first, I connected to it with my tablet. FF6 required me to update the Anafi software so I let it start doing that. It has now been about 30 minutes and I still have the battery lights flashing alternately on the Anafi and the completion bar in the app is very nearly at the end but it has been that way for about 20 minutes. Should I leave it a bit longer or is there a way to stop the update and start again using the, now, fully charged controller? The cancel button in FF6 does nothing.

I would connect to your home wifi or data downlaod the update the reconnect to the drone wifi the run the update... but make sur eyou have all the other update before using this same method. the wifi keeps switching maybe the problem.

Thanks for the swift reply. I had 'read' the manual but I must have missed that bit. I held down the Anafi battery button for a few seconds and it rebooted. I then connected with the controller, which updated itself, and it said that the Anafi was already up to date. Thanks for your help.
So go flying! Good 1st start!

Hey,

I know this is unrelated but did you purchase your Anafi from Parrot or elsewhere? I'm trying to determine how long it takes from the time you place your order on Parrot.com to the time they actually ship. When I ordered some Mambo accessories about a month ago, it took them about 10 days before they even shipped it. Frustrating to say the least...

Thanks, Eric

I should have gone that route. We went through Parrot.com to use my daughter's 10% educational discount. I guess I'm "paying" for it now!

Oh, don’t tell me that! I couldn’t find it less than $699 anywhere...and I looked high and low!

Well, the anticipation should make the unboxing occasion all the more seeeter (I’ll keep telling myself while I lie in wait for the postman!)

Eric

£729 with 2 spare batteries from dronesdirect.co.uk
If you bought the drone from amazon uk and a twin pack of batteries from dronesdirect it would be £709

Last edited:
Hey,

I know this is unrelated but did you purchase your Anafi from Parrot or elsewhere? I'm trying to determine how long it takes from the time you place your order on Parrot.com to the time they actually ship. When I ordered some Mambo accessories about a month ago, it took them about 10 days before they even shipped it. Frustrating to say the least...

Thanks, Eric
I bought it from Parrot directly also together with Mambo spareparts. On the 3rd working day it arrived in Germany and was in my home town the following day. The delivery service didn't reach me, so I picked up my Anafi on the fifth working day after the order.

The US site seems to be slower getting the order shipped. Once the package is in the mail, it is delivered in two or three days (or at least that was the case with my Mambo accessories)

okay. I don't feel too bad about paying too much. I paid $836 US for Anafi, 2 batteries and dome Mambo parts. I think that's about the same money, if my currency conversion is correct... (Siri is not too bright!)

For anyone endingup here, before you upgrade the controller make sure its charged 100% (small green light on backside ), at red led power it doesnt finish install (front side led might blink red-bleu or so if power is not ok or some other pattern but will not go green

Reactions: Jennifer Horsman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut