Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

USB C / SD card issues

moyse75

Reaction score
Hi all,

I love my drone, but there are a couple of things I find annoying and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips.

The first is I can't plug my anafi directly into my macbook pro's USB C slots, because the laptop starts trying to charge from the drone, then beeps and unmounts it. It does this every second or so, so there's no way to copy video off. Is there any way to tell either of them just to treat the anafi as an external drive? If I use a USBA dongle then it works, but it would be much nicer to be able to use a USBC-USBC cable.

The second is I bought a bigger SD card (to help get around issues like the above) but I can't work out how to get it to work with the drone + OSX. Basically once the drone writes to it, it becomes unreadable in OSX (I've looked for a few threads about this, but none of the solutions seem to work for me).

Thanks!

Thanks - I had looked at that thread, but I think I didn't reset the drone (to be honest, I was getting very impatient to get some footage before the sun went down, and so I just gave up and put the original SD card in).

Yes, I know direct USB works with a hub, but I didn't have one with me on that occasion, and it's pretty annoying that this is apparently necessary (this probably isn't Parrot's fault, more the USB C spec and the ambiguity in who charges who when connection two USB-C battery powered devices)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut