Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Using standard LiPo batteries

Silverback

Reaction score
Is there any reason not to use standard 3c LiPo batteries like would be used for an RC airplane in the place of the bebop 2 battery? Has anyone done it/are there instructions out there (specifically how to wire the connector)?

Doing a quick search on Amazon, a 2 pack of 3000mah 3c batteries cost roughly 1/2 of a single bebop2 knockoff battery ($30something for 2 vs $60something for 1), the bebop 2 2700mha battery weighs 210g, a 3000mha LiPo weighs 196g so you'd be saving some weight and gaining capacity, and it looks like the body of the bebop 2 has 2 loops to either side of where the battery mounts that look like they're made for a velcro tiedown strap. I've also seen a few debates about whether the bebop charger does balance charging, whereas virtually all chargers for RC lipo batteries do.

Seems like a win, win, win, win if you can figure out how to add the connector.

I saw a vid of a guy putting 3No 18650's in an old battery case. I was going to try that myself but got outbid on the old batteries I was bidding on. Already got the nickel strip and a spotwelder😉

I have tried lots now.
Soldered an XT60 onto the soldered retaining points at the back of the board. Can still use a standard battery and I can remove in a few minutes if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilippB