Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What about to add 4 propellers to the parrot disco?

ziomario

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.

Some year ago I’ve bought my first drone,the parrot disco. Even today I like very much this drone because after it went out of production the price collapsed, but its quality did not. And with the mod its value and quality even increased. I would like to do an experiment. Or better,I’m not able,I’m looking for an engineer that can tell me if it can be done,what downsides there could be and how much money I need. Basically I want to add 4 propellers to the disco and I want integrate them on the C.H.U.C.K system. These propellers should be enabled only if the drone reaches certain altitude and weather conditions. I imagine that the software should be re-programmed in some way. The aim is to create a better drone,a drone that can fly vertically and horizontally depending on some parameters,to save some battery and to allow the drone to be piloted in a more elastic way. I would like to know how hard is to do something like this. Which kind of hardware and software modifications are needed and more or less,how much money are needed. thanks.

If I remember right, the Chuck is working with an APM SW.
In this case, you can try to upgrade the FW with a software of APM which can handle a model which is in your mind.

I'm looking for some one who can do something like this and I'm available to pay money.

Have not gotten my Disco yet. I had thought it would be possible (if the payload limit allows it), to install 4 old Mavic rotor arms and an old Mavic EFC board to the disco, and have it take off vertically using the DJI wifi controller, take it to around 150m height and shut the Mavic components off, hit the takeoff button on the Sky controller and do the same for landing.

This is all, of course, a crazy idea I had while working on a dead Mavic I am fixing. Hehe.

I did see a very cool drone with VTOL at www.krossblade.com

That, however, is a VERY EXPENSIVE, albeit cool, drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar