Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which FPV googles to buy for bebop 2?

tourmax

Reaction score
I've got a bebop 2 with the skycontroller 1 (black edition).

I'm looking to add FPV googles to my kit.

I've got two choices at my price point:

1. Yunecc Skyview plugged into the skycontroller 1via HDMI
2. Skycontroller 2 with FPV googles.

Prices are pretty close, about 50 bucks more for a skycontroller 2 package over the Yuneec.

I'm trying to decide which would be better for me. I'm just a recreational flyer, nothing commercial.

So I guess I'm mostly concerned with latency, image quality, FOV, etc. I'm not concerned with the skycontroller 1 vs skycontroller 2 differences. I actually like "1" for it's size and feel. I'm not part of the "Nintendo generation", so having it feel more like an RC control and not a game pad is a plus for me. But a 2 would also be ok as well, I'm pretty flexible about which one I use.

One of the big pluses I see in the Yuneec is that being HDMI, it should work for anything that can feed it HDMI. I only have the bebop 2 right now, but you never know what the future will bring. 75 degree FOV sounds pretty good too.

If I understand the SC 2 FPV kit, it sounds like it's only going to work with the Parrot stuff.

Anyone care to add to my discussion/conundrum?

Cheers

:)

I decided to go with a Yuneec skyview.

Clincher was it being able to accept HDMI from any hdmi source.

I also like that it's a wired connection to the skycontroller 1. Less wifi signal banging around to cause interference with flight controls and video feed.

Since you have the SC1 it's a good choice. I got it a couple of years ago follwing pretty much the same reasoning (SC1+movies from my Tablet) but had to send it back as I found it squished my nose pretty badly !

Since you have the SC1 it's a good choice. I got it a couple of years ago follwing pretty much the same reasoning (SC1+movies from my Tablet) but had to send it back as I found it squished my nose pretty badly !
Yeah, I’ve seen that mentioned on a couple reviews. If it’s a problem for me, I’ll figure out a way to space it off somehow or some kind of padding for the nose area.

It looks to be constructed of a simple thermoplastic, so it may also be “re-shape-able” with some judicious use of a heat gun....

You can by used for about 200 to 250 call ziess repair in michigan they usually have ones that may have a flaw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame