Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wifi booster mods

RyanS

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to see if I can find someone who can carry out a wifi booster mod on my skycontroller 2/bebop power 2?

Someone who could do this for me?

Would be happy to send my controller to you anywhere in the world.

Ryan

Didn't know there was such a thing??

Yes...fly however far your batteries will take you over the 4G cell phone network. No need for line of site.....you can sit inside your house and still fly your drone....as long as you have a 4g signal...otherwise it RTH.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Thank you Drone Guy for sharing the G4 link, I recently came across this link couple of times while searching to modifily a Bebop 2 with 4G connection. Even tried to contact them, via email and auctually got a reply but the person responding didn’t know anything about the 4G mod.

I’m very interested in this type of mod, is there already a 4G mod kit available were I can purchase the package and is there a video with installation?

Really appreciate your help, this is all new to me going with 4G. Feel overwhelmed, I know once I understand the light bulb will go off in my head.

Thanks again,
Paul

Yes...fly however far your batteries will take you over the 4G cell phone network. No need for line of site.....you can sit inside your house and still fly your drone....as long as you have a 4g signal...otherwise it RTH.

Thank you Drone Guy for sharing the G4 link, I recently came across this link couple of times while searching to modifily a Bebop 2 with 4G connection. Even tried to contact them, via email and auctually got a reply but the person responding didn’t know anything about the 4G mod.

I’m very interested in this type of mod, is there already a 4G mod kit available were I can purchase the package and is there a video with installation?

Really appreciate your help, this is all new to me going with 4G. Feel overwhelmed, I know once I understand the light bulb will go off in my head.

Thanks again,
Paul

There's no install kit that I'm aware of.....but the UAVPAL site has all the info you need and this video seems very detailed, although I did not watch it.....well..I watched a little of it but the guy talks very slowly.

Also...keep in mind that this video is a year old so some of the things he says may not work at the time of the video may have been added or fixed by the time you do your install.

Hope this helps....

Part 1:

Part 2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Thank you very much Drone_guy,

I’ve saved these two video links for future reference, and from the first video looks like I’ll need to get a PC. Been using an iPad, iPhone or iPad are nice but they miss out on opportunities like this 4G softmod.

I’ll start getting the needed parts and look for a PC computer, Will make this a project to compete within this year. Bebop 2 have the potential to fly long distances if it weren’t for its parameters, this softmod is amazing.

Thanks again
Paul

UOTE="Drone_guy, post: 22412, member: 172"]
There's no install kit that I'm aware of.....but the UAVPAL site has all the info you need and this video seems very detailed, although I did not watch it.....well..I watched a little of it but the guy talks very slowly.

Also...keep in mind that this video is a year old so some of the things he says may not work at the time of the video may have been added or fixed by the time you do your install.

Hope this helps....

Part 1:

Part 2:
[/QUOTE]

Hi Guys
I am prepared to do this mod. I’ve already made the modifications to the software and am ready to install it.
My hesitation is, I will receive the Modem tomorrow. I have a SIM card from my provider ready but it’s not activated. How does that work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut