Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wifi Boosters

Jasper68

Reaction score
Not sure what it is but the subject of extending the range of these UAV's excites me. Not radically but in a safe and controlled manor. Lately been spending alot of time researching all these WiFi extender/mod kits. I'm curious as to what's been tested and what actually works.
Any and all input is greatly appreciated
mean time I'm posting what I've found as it relates to BB 2 and Anifi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-101810.png
    Screenshot_20190317-101810.png
    1,017 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20190317-102231.png
    Screenshot_20190317-102231.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 31
I'm just attaching screen shots of stuff I'm running across.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-110714.png
    Screenshot_20190317-110714.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20190317-110810.png
    Screenshot_20190317-110810.png
    909.8 KB · Views: 24
I have bought 2 mod kits from Solaris but they are ****. They use a signal repeater board either a HUAWEE, HS242036TI or a Sunhan SH24BTA-N, which wholesale for $15 each. It takes 3 boards for the complete booster mod including the Hull mod. They work really great but you have to be an anal retentive SOB to finish them because some times the positive wire is on the left side of the connector and sometimes on the right. Also, his instructions suck and all the hard stuff like making a wiring harness and connectors is left to you. Soldering the UFLs on the antenna board is very difficult so I hired a guy to do that for me. He made all the connections and wiring harnesses for on application in 45 minutes where for me way to much time trying to imagine HS again.

I have bought 2 mod kits from Solaris but they are ****. They use a signal repeater board either a HUAWEE, HS242036TI or a Sunhan SH24BTA-N, which wholesale for $15 each. It takes 3 boards for the complete booster mod including the Hull mod. They work really great but you have to be an anal retentive SOB to finish them because some times the positive wire is on the left side of the connector and sometimes on the right. Also, his instructions suck and all the hard stuff like making a wiring harness and connectors is left to you. Soldering the UFLs on the antenna board is very difficult so I hired a guy to do that for me. He made all the connections and wiring harnesses for on application in 45 minutes where for me way to much time trying to imagine HS again.

Thanks Wendal!
Wow !! how much did you end up paying in the end if you don't mind my asking

Hello Jasper. The mod kits are around $300 and hiring the work to complete the job about $75 for each mod. But every thing is very fragile but works very well if completed right.

Sounds like alot of work.
What were you able to extend distance to?
AlienTec boosts significant range but looks like just antenna mod for controller no hull

There are some posts in Anifi section that change or spoof WIfi location settings allowing extended distance. Also a software patch for FF 6. I downloaded it twice from two different sources but couldn't get them to work.

I flew off the Mesa but only got about 1000 meters because the altimeter dropped the drone down below the sight then returned home. But it works beautifully only my objective is not so much distance but the ability to fly in more complicated situations. Like inspecting rail road cars a mile long and blocked by various terrain issues.

I flew off the Mesa but only got about 1000 meters because the altimeter dropped the drone down below the sight then returned home. But it works beautifully only my objective is not so much distance but the ability to fly in more complicated situations. Like inspecting rail road cars a mile long and blocked by various terrain issues.

Nice!
I myself am pursuing BVLOS with Oil field pipeline inspection. Bebop and Anifi are my recreation could get Disco to play with but near the City not really feasible. Still the basic principle remains the same with command/control and video transmission. Dozens of options seem available with fixed wing setups.
I wonder if anyone has experimented with external setup for Quad ie using external parabolic or panel array with simple connection to SC2/3. This as opposed to having to modify stock antenna.

Really! I like the fish eye lens better than gimble because it’s simpler, better lens, better aerodynamics and lighter.

A big issue is getting the drone to be able to send good data back. So the Hull mod is good but I am not sure or experienced with using a better parabolic antena. Would that enhance the signal from the drone to the controler and your FPV.

Higher end fixed wing setups do and can broad cast high definition from distances of 20 to 100km with real time feed.
I believe the grail for working UAV'S is BVLOS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame