Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wifi connection dies in 1 minute or less

Eric Elmer

Reaction score
So after collecting dust on the shelf due to COVID I've decided to pick up my Anafi. Well.. it flew for 10 sec and then the connection was lost. I've landed it, reset it (via holding power button till it blinks red) and the connection got back.. for about a minute. Than it dies off again. And this cycle never ends. I cannot even update the firmware cos is shows me an error during this process for the same reason - drone WIFI network just disappears into the mist at some point. Tried resetting the drone from the app - no luck as well. Tried resetting battery separately - no luck either. So what the hack should I do??

More fun stuff - I cannot upgrade my Skycontroller as well! It shows an error very similar to when I am trying to update a drone. The quality and reliability of parrot hardware is just astounding! Drone update error on a second screenshot.

photo_2021-08-09_19-08-13.jpgphoto_2021-08-09_19-08-17.jpg

This is from Parrot support

The updates must be installed in the right order for your drone to work properly. That's why we urge you, one last time, to:

update Parrot Skycontroller 3 first, ANAFI second.

When this procedure has been completed, your ANAFI is ready to fly:

• either with Parrot Skycontroller alone;
  • or with your smartphone alone;
  • or by associating Parrot Skycontroller and your smartphone.

Have you tried updating using a different phone or tablet?.....maybe its the device that is dropping the WiFi signal from the Anafi.

Same error half way updating. Tried 3 (!) different devices already. iOS and Android :(
I had a similar issue with updating one of my Anafi's, kept failing halfway through
Solved it by re-pairing controller to drone
1) power on drone
2) power on controller
3) after 1 & 2 above connect usb charging cable into controller and then connect to Anafi (battery port)
I think you should see 3 green flashing lights on controller (happens very quickly)
Once paired then update via FF6 controller 1st, then the drone

If that does not help I would try to reset controller via FF6
Select controller icon then select reset button
At this point you will need to pair and calibrate again

Make sure that Drone is not connected to any other wifi connections for steps above

Hope it helps
Best of luck

I had a similar issue with updating one of my Anafi's, kept failing halfway through
Solved it by re-pairing controller to drone
1) power on drone
2) power on controller
3) after 1 & 2 above connect usb charging cable into controller and then connect to Anafi (battery port)
I think you should see 3 green flashing lights on controller (happens very quickly)
Once paired then update via FF6 controller 1st, then the drone

If that does not help I would try to reset controller via FF6
Select controller icon then select reset button
At this point you will need to pair and calibrate again

Make sure that Drone is not connected to any other wifi connections for steps above

Hope it helps
Best of luck
I did this and it helped! I mean I could update both drone and controller to the latest 1.8 even though the error was still getting on the screen. The sad part is that it didnt help anything else. After several more drone hard resets I was able to get it connected and my phone was getting a camera feed through the controller.. but as soon as I pressed "take off" the drone started beeping like there was some kind of dreadful error and connection got lost.

Last edited:
I have three batteries, but the updates are only successful with the original battery from the drone. Two batteries purchased additionally work normally only after updating the drone on the original battery.

All my batteries are original. And all updates have been installed. Thats not the problem now.

Eric: Have you resolved your connectivity issues?? It almost sounds like 'signal jamming' in your location. Have you tried changing your flight area? Also, have you seen any red led flashes from your controller? That would indicate a low battery condition within the SC3, and might be brought on by being shelved for nearly a year at a weak state. Food for thought-hope this helps ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut