Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Added LED lighting

Asig24

Reaction score
I’ve had my new Bebop2 since December and noticed that it needed some additional lighting for cloudy days especially when the range gets out there. I plan to add two slow flashing red LED’s to the front but still trying to decide how to mount. I did take a 3v button battery for the 4 white LED’s and just installed them temporarily to see how they work. They put out some light but I don’t think I’ll need them if I switch to the red. I would love to hear some feedback and if anyone has any suggestions on how they’ve made theirs a little more visible. I really think I will take the white out and just add the two reds up front and that should be enough. Thanks and fly safe!

Attachments

• 2D92B24D-6BED-4D05-B04C-B4B280C226F0.jpeg
    2D92B24D-6BED-4D05-B04C-B4B280C226F0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • B81F8E32-6C9E-45F6-BC54-6A487D7EB4EA.jpeg
    B81F8E32-6C9E-45F6-BC54-6A487D7EB4EA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 0C8CFEBD-A031-42D3-889C-E80C7349402E.jpeg
    0C8CFEBD-A031-42D3-889C-E80C7349402E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 39
I’ve had my new Bebop2 since December and noticed that it needed some additional lighting for cloudy days especially when the range gets out there. I plan to add two slow flashing red LED’s to the front but still trying to decide how to mount. I did take a 3v button battery for the 4 white LED’s and just installed them temporarily to see how they work. They put out some light but I don’t think I’ll need them if I switch to the red. I would love to hear some feedback and if anyone has any suggestions on how they’ve made theirs a little more visible. I really think I will take the white out and just add the two reds up front and that should be enough. Thanks and fly safe!

Love this what lights did you use and where did you wire them in?

where did you get the lights from. I bought the propeller's that light up when you take off. but I still would like the lights you have, do they come in different colors.

I just added LED lighting to my Anafi, one on each rear leg. The are super bright to the point that you need to put your finger over them while you're attempting to turn them off or they'll blind you.

LED Lights

Viewed from the rear I put a white one on the right leg and red one on the left. One of the memory tricks when flying man aircraft is "red on right returning" meaning if you see aircraft lighting in front of you and the red light is on the right the aircraft is approaching you. The advantage to using different colors is they make it extremely easy to know the orientation of the Anafi even at great distances when the drone is just a speck in the sky.

I use one of these on my Anafi and BB2 Velcro on top of battery never had it fall of if you use high grip Velcro.
One small light can be seen from a real long way off so I can tell if were I am at and direction.

Hatori Super Small Mini Flashlight AAA XPE-R3 LED Lamp Belt Clip Pen Light Tactical Torch (9cm)

Since I put mine on the underside and wasn't too confident in the velco provided I secured each of them with a zip tie. BTW, the circuit board with all the electronics and battery are about 1.5" x 1.0" and maybe a 0.25" thick. I was totally shocked about the brightness of the tiny LEDs (one) on each board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame