Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Ai 4G Functionality - Interesting!

YES - but you must have a SIM card with data plan in both the iPad and Anafi Ai.
I now have SIM cards with Data plans on Both the iPad and Anafi Ai but Cellilar access keeps showing blank (nothing)
No Sim locked
Cannot enter pin
???
No 4G connection

I have very recently acquired and been using this impressive UAV.

One of the interesting features of the Anafi Ai is 4G communication and control ability.

The Anafi Ai 4G works quite surprisingly well, in various scenarios.

The control and image transmission are very steady and consistent, latency seems well within the tolerances Parrot claims.

There are several means of establishing and using the 4G communication, after of course inserting an appropriate data-capable 4G SIM card into the Anafi Ai:
- Using a control device with a data-capable 4G SIM card (ie, cellphone or tablet) in the Sky Controller​
- Using a control device without a data-capable 4G SIM card in the Sky Controller​
The 4G communication option ("Cellular Access') needs to be selected in the Free Flight 7 app.

If the control device has a data-capable 4G SIM card, the device needs to have 'mobile data' activated (with WiFi turned off). When the Sky Controller is turned on with the control device plugged in to it, and the Free Flight 7 app is running, the 4G communication will be configured and operate.

If the control device does not have a data-capable 4G SIM card (for example, a WiFi-only iPad), the device needs to have WiFi turned on, and be connected to either an internet WAN router or a WiFi WAN 'HotSpot' (for example, to a cellphone with mobile data and mobile hotspot enabled). When the Sky Controller is turned on with the control device plugged in to it, and the Free Flight 7 app is running, the 4G communication will be configured and operate.

Using spotters with comms, we were able to operate the Anafi Ai in several tests using a WiFi-only iPad mini 6, from inside a building, with the iPad connected to our ISP router, as described above.

We "geocaged" the Anafi Ai in the Free Flight 7 app, to a distance of 1.7km, and were able to go to the limit and function with no problems until we intentionally activated the RTH when the battery reached ~35%.

Please feel free to ask, I will try to answer any questions that I am able to.
When does the Blue LED (drone's starboard side) come on and why ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame