Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Ai Real-World Performance

Reaction score
A few points noted about Anafi Ai performance:

1. Very good flight characteristics, steady, no problem in 20 KM/H wind for example.

2. Obstacle avoidance works very well, a bit of practice and attention to detail and it's impressive.

3. Video quality is outstanding (dawn to dusk), the 'glass', sensor, firmware, etc. produce highly detailed, color accurate and well balanced images. rock-steady gimbal and stabilization features. Outstanding for technical work. Cinematography is probably only limited by the photographic skills of the user, but great right out of the box.

4. WiFi performs well and reliably out to ~500 meters in a highly-saturated environment (verified by frequency scanning). I've only tested WiFi on 2.4 GHz band CE/EU.

5. 4G functionality is great, works seamlessly out of the box with SIM card from local 4G LTE provider, latency is acceptable to excellent, data use is very economical for my data plan. Only tested to a ~2KM radius with spotter(s) and comms due to VLOS compliance.

6. RTH is reliable, reconnection consistently occurs as soon as the Anafi Ai is back in range or switches to 4G. Haven't tested other features yet (missions, etc.).

7. Until now, Parrot responsiveness has been non-existent in my experience, but the Anafi Ai is overall a great UAV with huge further potential.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

jaja6009

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your review!
There is not a lot of info on this forum on this new sUAS except for official reviews and Youtube videos.

I really do like the Anafi AI and find many of its features intriguing.
If my little drone shop was larger with a bigger aircraft budget I would definitely consider it.
The image quality gets very good reviews even with it being a smaller sensor than say the Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 3.
I am sure that just like the Anafi, the Anafi USA will integrate seamlessly into Pix4D with the camera parameters profile very well defined and it will make some really detailed ortho-maps and 3D models.

Reactions: UsernameRequired

jspg

Reaction score
I have 3 Parrot anafi and still enjoy the footage and photos for my aerial photography, not like Dji mini2 ( which is sharp and saturated in color), the anafi's footages and photos are just natural both in color and sharpness (although not good performance in low light), what I want to say is the image from anafi shows the soul of the image.
Anafi Ai and Anafi USA are beyond the needs of the hobbyists and the consumer market, it is for the commercial experts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anafi Ai ... {is] beyond the needs of the hobbyists and the consumer market, it is for the commercial experts.
That depends on the needs and the purchasing power of the hobbyist/consumer or non-commercial person(s).

If one has the funds to purchase a professional drone and use-case(s) for it, the Anafi Ai is very interesting if its abilities fit the task(s) one wants to achieve.

What is a problem is Parrot's current notorious lack of response of any kind to any inquiry from purchasers of the Anafi Ai.

Skydreamer

Reaction score
You should trick them by sending them short email that starts with :”You guys are Best!!!”,”Awesome support!!”,regards!,,,
some fool will probably answer with:”thank you,it is our job to…blah,blah…….”
once you have direct email to support agent you can start with abuse(tough questions)…..😀

Reaction score
You should trick them by sending them short email that starts with :”You guys are Best!!!”,”Awesome support!!”,regards!,,,
some fool will probably answer with:”thank you,it is our job to…blah,blah…….”
once you have direct email to support agent you can start with abuse(tough questions)…..😀
Well, I actually wrote in about 3 different emails to seperate Parrot departments (and 2 other attempts that were through different online forms for customer support and a posting on the Parrot developer forum) saying how good I think that the Anafi Ai is, and if they could answer a few technical questions (like how much 4G data I calculated that the Anafi Ai uses per minute, and if they could please confirm it or correct me).

Maybe Parrot is taking that personalized data confidentially so far that they don't even want to know if someone owns an Anafi Ai...

Reactions: Skydreamer
Reaction score
After testing the HDMI output from the SkyController, note:

- Works very well.
- No impact at all on the video stream or other controller/Anafi Ai performance.
- The HDMI output shows only the video stream, NO telemetry, but does show message when no video stream is being output (eg, Anafi Ai isn't turned on yet).
- The control device (eg, iPad/iPhone) in the Skycontroller functions the same with or without HDMI output.

Since the output is 1080p 30FPS, with dependency on the quality of the connection to the Anafi Ai, with no telemetry displayed, recording the HDMI output would be quite useless - it would be better to screen-record the app running on the device used for the SkyController and use the video recorded on the SD card in the Anafi Ai.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option that I could find to output the video with live telemetry via HDMI, which would be beneficial as a large, live display as well as a stream to capture for later review without having to use screen recording on the device.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babaa