Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Ai Real-World Performance

Thank you!
But just to mention it, I never use these now, I just turned down the yaw response a little and it hasn’t been a problem since.

I think this happens if you have very aggressive yaw settings, overshoot and immediately correct..

But just to mention it, I never use these now, I just turned down the yaw response a little and it hasn’t been a problem since.

I think this happens if you have very aggressive yaw settings, overshoot and immediately correct..
Oh interesting. Well, that would put more force on the arms from the additional forces at play.

I figure this will be good training wheels at least. Getting the drone tomorrow.

Just be careful with this "arm locker" the drone is design to fold itslef to not breack the arm in case of a lateral fall

A few points noted about Anafi Ai performance:

1. Very good flight characteristics, steady, no problem in 20 KM/H wind for example.

2. Obstacle avoidance works very well, a bit of practice and attention to detail and it's impressive.

3. Video quality is outstanding (dawn to dusk), the 'glass', sensor, firmware, etc. produce highly detailed, color accurate and well balanced images. rock-steady gimbal and stabilization features. Outstanding for technical work. Cinematography is probably only limited by the photographic skills of the user, but great right out of the box.

4. WiFi performs well and reliably out to ~500 meters in a highly-saturated environment (verified by frequency scanning). I've only tested WiFi on 2.4 GHz band CE/EU.

5. 4G functionality is great, works seamlessly out of the box with SIM card from local 4G LTE provider, latency is acceptable to excellent, data use is very economical for my data plan. Only tested to a ~2KM radius with spotter(s) and comms due to VLOS compliance.

6. RTH is reliable, reconnection consistently occurs as soon as the Anafi Ai is back in range or switches to 4G. Haven't tested other features yet (missions, etc.).

7. Until now, Parrot responsiveness has been non-existent in my experience, but the Anafi Ai is overall a great UAV with huge further potential.

Any questions or comments are welcome.
When does the Blue LED (drone's starboard side) come on and why ?

A few points noted about Anafi Ai performance:

1. Very good flight characteristics, steady, no problem in 20 KM/H wind for example.

2. Obstacle avoidance works very well, a bit of practice and attention to detail and it's impressive.

3. Video quality is outstanding (dawn to dusk), the 'glass', sensor, firmware, etc. produce highly detailed, color accurate and well balanced images. rock-steady gimbal and stabilization features. Outstanding for technical work. Cinematography is probably only limited by the photographic skills of the user, but great right out of the box.

4. WiFi performs well and reliably out to ~500 meters in a highly-saturated environment (verified by frequency scanning). I've only tested WiFi on 2.4 GHz band CE/EU.

5. 4G functionality is great, works seamlessly out of the box with SIM card from local 4G LTE provider, latency is acceptable to excellent, data use is very economical for my data plan. Only tested to a ~2KM radius with spotter(s) and comms due to VLOS compliance.

6. RTH is reliable, reconnection consistently occurs as soon as the Anafi Ai is back in range or switches to 4G. Haven't tested other features yet (missions, etc.).

7. Until now, Parrot responsiveness has been non-existent in my experience, but the Anafi Ai is overall a great UAV with huge further potential.

Any questions or comments are welcome.
Nice review....Though I think the price point is a bit much for a drone that can only achieve 500 meters =0.3106856 miles or 1.24274238 miles range. Parrot has got to do better than this. Hell, you can purchase an Auel EVO for a fraction of the price and twice the transmission range.

Nice review....Though I think the price point is a bit much for a drone that can only achieve 500 meters =0.3106856 miles or 1.24274238 miles range. Parrot has got to do better than this. Hell, you can purchase an Auel EVO for a fraction of the price and twice the transmission range.
On 4G the range is basically unlimited. You could fly it on the other side of the world if you wanted.

Reactions: UsernameRequired
Sorry if you misunderstood, WiFi in a heavily congested area [measured with broad-spectrum analyzer from 1.9GHz - 6GHZ] is reliably good to ~500m flight radius.

I mentioned that 4G was tested at that time to ~2km radius, without the slightest problem.

To be clear, 4G controlled missions of >5km total flight distances were successful using 4G. The only limitation was battery capacity [we make sure the Anafi Ai is back on the ground by 20% battery]. There is that pesky issue of BVLOS...

If one doesn't have use-cases justifying the cost for the many capabilities of the Anafi Ai, of course one should look for a solution that fulfills their needs appropriate to the available budget.

Is there a strobe landing light ?
I am assuming that's what it is.
When does it come on ?
Can I turn it ON or OFF ?

Is there a strobe landing light ?
I am assuming that's what it is.
When does it come on ?
Can I turn it ON or OFF ?
There is a landing light, it switches on when it is needed and close to the ground. It automatically adjusts the brightness according to the need of the bottom camera for optical flow. You can read mora about it in the white paper for the drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut