Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi broken gimbal repair?

Regling

Reaction score
I hand launched my Anafi but maybe it didn't spin up enough before I tossed it in the air and fell stright down on cement. Now I have to try and fix broken gimbal.

The part that is broken seems to be made of some sort of metal, so is it possible to glue or weld it? I don't think it is available as spare part and I coldn't find online second hand gimbal to use. Also I am not sure if the broken part can be detached from the camera?

Attachments

• 20200420_133215.jpg
    20200420_133215.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • 20200420_133150.jpg
    20200420_133150.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • 20200420_133130.jpg
    20200420_133130.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20200420_133103.jpg
    20200420_133103.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
Firstly I am sorry that your Anafi is damaged.

If you have all of the pieces and they fit together well then I would be tempted to use a two part epoxy glue sparingly to carefully repair the damage but make sure that you have all of the connections re-seated when you glue it.

I understand that the camera and controller board ID number is hard coded to the Anafi motherboard and as such simply fitting a second hand camera would not work. I do not know whether firring the original camera to a second hand gimbal assembly would work but some spare parts are normally available from Ebay etc.

It might help members advising where to get soare parts from if you put you location in your member profile.

Reactions: Regling
I hand launched my Anafi but maybe it didn't spin up enough before I tossed it in the air and fell stright down on cement. Now I have to try and fix broken gimbal.

The part that is broken seems to be made of some sort of metal, so is it possible to glue or weld it? I don't think it is available as spare part and I coldn't find online second hand gimbal to use. Also I am not sure if the broken part can be detached from the camera?

Hello. Did you manage to repair ???

It transpires that the motherboard and gimbal/camera and not locked together and that you can replace the gimbal/camera separately without having to replace the motherboard.

Chap on her the other week does repairs all the time and confirmed that he has swapped out a few gimbals/cameras with no requirement to swapout the motherboard, he stated there are no chips on the camera that enable it to have some sort of memory in order to lock it to the board.

Which is good news if you are looking for one part or another.

It transpires that the motherboard and gimbal/camera and not locked together and that you can replace the gimbal/camera separately without having to replace the motherboard.

Chap on her the other week does repairs all the time and confirmed that he has swapped out a few gimbals/cameras with no requirement to swapout the motherboard, he stated there are no chips on the camera that enable it to have some sort of memory in order to lock it to the board.

Which is good news if you are looking for one part or another.
Hi do you know who this chap is who repairs the camera GIMBAL?? I am struggling to find anyone I can turn to to get mine repaired. Please help

Hope you got it sorted ok.
Which brings me to the topic of replacing the Gimbal Shaft and just wondering if anyone has done this and what it entails.
I bought another Anafi from a well known online auction site for spares repair as it "only needed the camera calibrating" yeh right,
anyway it's got a bent gimbal shaft and I've got to sot it out. So any help and advice greatly appreciated...

This company is in Germany. Not sure how much help they can offer but here is their web page.

Thanks for that, useful to know. But just wondering if anyone has got any experience trying to replace the gimbal shaft?

It’s ok I removed gimbal completely and then managed to “persuade it” back into shape, quick Re- calibration and job done, now perfect again. Great feature in the app being able to adjust the gimbal.
Parrot have made a great product here, just need to work on customer services and spare part supplies as it’s an easy drone to service.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
It’s ok I removed gimbal completely and then managed to “persuade it” back into shape, quick Re- calibration and job done, now perfect again. Great feature in the app being able to adjust the gimbal.
Parrot have made a great product here, just need to work on customer services and spare part supplies as it’s an easy drone to service.
HOW???

Reactions: 13ils4nt013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut