Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Camera Quality - Blur

Filmed several times this morning, first under cloudy conditions, then after the rains passed, bright & sunny. Filmed in 2.7K without issues, no blurry footage.

I have the same problem: repeated patterns which are NOT motion blur or low shutterspeed as it does not show everywhere there is motion. This seems to be a ghosting produced by some innappropriate processing or a very bad h264 encoder. I have reached out to Parrot and will keep you updated. Pic below from 2.7k@24fps no HDR PLog .
anafi ghosting artifact 1.pnganafi ghosting artifact 2.pngmpv-shot0001.jpg

I have the same problem: repeated patterns which are NOT motion blur or low shutterspeed as it does not show everywhere there is motion. This seems to be a ghosting produced by some innappropriate processing or a very bad h264 encoder. I have reached out to Parrot and will keep you updated. Pic below from 2.7k@24fps no HDR PLog .
View attachment 4401View attachment 4402View attachment 4403
This phenomenon may also be a fault of the player program (video renderer). How do you play it since the screenshots were taken?
Make the original raw material unmodified so we can view it.

This phenomenon may also be a fault of the player program (video renderer). How do you play it since the screenshots were taken?
Make the original raw material unmodified so we can view it.

Very valid point that I am aware of. I inspected multiple videos in different players (quicktime, mpv, final cut pro) and extracted the frames attached from the original MP4 using FFMPEG (no screengrab) in order to avoid any possible playback artifact. Also, I used lossless PNG output instead of JPG to avoid reintroducing compression artifact...

Looks like it appears strongest in low contrast areas, not necessarely low light (though low light often means low contrast)...

Here is are some example original video (truncated with ffmpeg without reencoding, i.e. the original compression remains)

The worst is clip#7
clip7 2.7k@30 forest goes wild when rotating.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem