Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Case

pmh1nic

Reaction score
I like the styling of the original case for the Anafi extended but not so much the functionality. When you open the case the weight of the Anafi in the upper compartment causes the case to fall over making it awkward to remove the contents. That got me searching for another case option. I found two on Amazon that seemed to hold everything in an orderly fashion. One was twice the price of the least expensive one but the reviews seem to indicate it was much better quality so I purchased the more expensive model. It arrived today and I wanted to post some pictures and my opinion of the case.

Below is a picture of the case in comparison to the original case.
The is the open case with the Anafi, two batteries, spare propellers, charging cables and phone (I was taking the pictures with iPhone 6S I actually use with the control so the phone shown is an LG model in it's case).
There is a cover for the compartment where the cables are stored to hold them in place as well as slots to put micro SD cards (lower left corner).
The case has two eyelids where you could insert a small locks for a little security (one on each side).
The clamps for holding the case closed a very sturdy and positive in their action.
And the hinges also appear to be very robust.

All in all I'm pleased with the quality of the case, it's appearance and functionality. If anyone is interested in buying a case you can find this one on Amazon. It's made by a company called MC-Cases.

Attachments

• Anafi Case 2.JPG
    Anafi Case 2.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Thanks for that review! I have been eye-balling a waterproof case that is extremely similar to this as I currently have an over the shoulder bag that only allows me the possibility to carry 2 spare batteries, but no room for any extras, like my iPad, it's fixings for the controller, ND filters, etc...

I really like that case! How does it support the camera gimbal? I might grab one if the price comes down.

There is a foam cover over the area where the Anafi is inserted in the case. That strip of foam has a foam "pocket" on one end. That cover goes into the slot for the Anafi with that pocket facing upwards. When you put the Anafi in the case the gimbal is supported by that foam pocket and is held in place pretty securely.

Thanks for that review! I have been eye-balling a waterproof case that is extremely similar to this as I currently have an over the shoulder bag that only allows me the possibility to carry 2 spare batteries, but no room for any extras, like my iPad, it's fixings for the controller, ND filters, etc...

I don't see anywhere in the ad or the product description that says it's water proof. There is a rubber gasket insert that runs around the entire edge of the case inside a concave crevice on the bottom side and a lip on the top side that seats in that crevice when you close the case. The lid closes very secure and when latches are pressed down significant leverage is applied so I'm pretty confident it would prevent water from entering the case at least for some period of time should the whole case be dropped in water and quickly taken out.

I bet you can sell the extended shoulder bag here on the forum to help pay for the case. That's what I may end up doing if I get one. What are the two round holes for between the batteries and the controller?

I bet you can sell the extended shoulder bag here on the forum to help pay for the case. That's what I may end up doing if I get one. What are the two round holes for between the batteries and the controller?

Those two round holes are for USB mini cables.

Reactions: Kdavis2269
When you get a chance would you be willing to post a picture of the foam gimbal cradle?

Below is a picture of the area (red square) where the gimbal cradle is located. The contrast isn't that good but there are actually raised areas around the gimbal that hold it in place.

Reactions: Kdavis2269

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame