Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Cells manufacturer

Everything is a trade off. All you need is the cells so taking them apart will reduce some weight. We all know the Anafi can fly just fine with added weight as some have added 3d cameras to the top. It all comes down to cost versus benefit of time in the air. Adding to much weight will reduce flight time. Everything is a trade off. You need to find that happy middle :)

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
That would be an excellent alternative in terms of power and voltage (and discharge C values), but if you transform this 4S battery, in 2 batteries 2S, I see some difficulties here :

- As you mentioned, the width would be wider (34 mm instead of 30 mm for the original ones.
- The overall thickness, would be a little too much (33 mm /2 = 16,5 mm instead of 10 mm for the original ones)
- The weight could be not the ‘most appropriate’ : 155g / 2 = 77,5g - 2,5g XT60U connector - 2g JST XH - 1g wires = 71g for this 2S setting, where the original one is 45g only...

The length would be Ok as it is 70 mm for this cell Vs 72 mm for the original one.
The increase in thickness and width on all the length of this graphene battery seems to be the reason of the important increase in weight.

I am under the impression Parrot did a hard job to integrate the best weight and dimension in the Anafi to get the best balance and obtain an optimal flight time.

I’m still trying to find a reliable source for the original cells (despite a philosopher’s ‘accept your fate’ sentence ;o)

Last edited:
Maybe stop trying to match the Anafi's flight time to a replacement battery. If you can find one that gives you a reliable 12-15 minutes of flight time that is enough for most people taking a few pictures or videos. None of my videos are longer then 5-6 minutes so if I had a supply of maybe 4 or 5 cheaper batteries I could just keep changing them out sooner.

I agree, but in the thread for FoxFury 55g lights, they claim a 25% loss in flight time.
So an extra 71g - 45g = 26 g should not be an important loss.

I would also be happy if I could fly a reliable 15 minutes (for survey or mapping missions, it’s often required).

I may have found a way to get the original battery cells, more on that next week...

Half the capacity, but 4 cells. So if you change the connections between those cells, it’ll become a 7.6v battery, at 2800 mAh ;)
Mustangphil answered what I was thinking.
in the 2s configuration only 1400mAh, in turn the 2s2p is already too heavy and big ...
Each cell has an outer shell, 4 cells have 4 shells. It is much more optimal to find 2700-3000 mAh cells in a slightly larger size, at most sticking out of the anafi a bit, but the weight / capacity should be as close as possible to the original.

Hello ParrotPilots!
Reading her for some time since my 2 years old anafi battery is apperently done. I had 3 times automatic landings despite the battery showing around 60-80%. log.jpeg

Solaris now offers 3 x 2 cells pre-stacked for 74$ incl. a USB Qualcomm Charger excl. delivery which sounds pretty cool to me, if I got it right?

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
The website says $74 for the batteries and a red headline says $16 for Air Parcel postage =$90.

However if you read further down it says
" terms of cost effectiveness. You must buy 6 cells for revamping 3 x old Anafi batteries to fresh new. The total costing including the FedEx postage would be around only half the total price (USD$184) comparing of buying 3 x original new stock Anafi batteries (USD$300)."

So is the cost of the 3 batteries $90 or $184? You need to supply your details before the shipping is calculated which I have not done.

Hhhm, I did the checkout now with shipment to Poland:
But still $74 only. Problem is this:
"The postage during the checkout is the list price of FedEx International Priority. If you have your own FedEx account and you have some discount rate with it. You can request to pay with your FedEx account."

High Voltage LiPo 2700mAh 20C Upgrade Cell for Anafi + AOKoda Portable USB Charger 1 $74.00

Scroll for more items

Cost summary

DescriptionPrice
Subtotal $74.00
Shipping (Postage) $136.00
Total USD $210.00

I'm thinking of getting batteries with the same parameters from China, then designing a bigger battery shell and printing it with a 3D printer and the problem is solved at a fraction of the price ...
Hi,
Have you been successful in getting the batteries from Grepow, China. How much do they cost ?

I wonder if the Anafi would be able to handle a 3S. I guess it depends on which components it uses to step down the battery voltage into a usable logical voltage (if it's a simple voltage divider it wouldn't work), and the ESCs as well, since you don't want them to run too hot, but I'd like to assume they are rated to work with 3S max as most ESCs out there
no one has tried this out of fear of ruining the anafi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captiva296