Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI crash damage survey

BigAlzy

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Well I just came back from a large and smooth FlightPlan flight around local lake. It all went superbly. After flight still had 45% battery so why not do some cocky manual flight acrobatics. All going like a legend except for the one tree I should have considered sticking out more than the rest. ANAFI falls 10m, horrible thud. To my surprise no broken legs, they in fact folded in on one side. The B props all bent, the camera jumped out of its rubber shock absorber mounts and the little metal T thing fully out and was dangling on one side. I just brought home and managed to get camera bits all back together by unscrewing from underneath and reassembling (they supply the correct Torx tool in the propeller box) and replaced any twisted props. To my relief it fired up, hovered and camera tested out ok.
I can see Parrot have designed this thing to be quite sturdy and that delicate looking camera quite well suspended but with enough shock it will still break of course. It was always one of the things that concerned me about the ANAFI was the lack of spare parts for sale, like legs and motors, etc. Anyway it survives another day and I'm just interested in the mortality rate of them from others and what you did about it?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Sounds like you got lucky. How hard was it to put the rubber vibration balls back into their holes? They look tiny for sure. I can do normal size ones easily but those small ones on the Anafi I even have a hard time seeing :)

Had a 30m drop after backing into a tree and expected much worse, actually saw it bounce. Just ended up snapping a rear foot but still flew like a champ, finished my planned flights and got some great footage. A bit of epoxy and a clamp and you’d never know anything had happened. Wasn’t that lucky with my previous one ( won’t mention brand )

Attachments

• 9105A998-C9E5-4A4E-A096-4BEF6D462693.jpeg
    9105A998-C9E5-4A4E-A096-4BEF6D462693.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: BigAlzy
What are those red „protectors“ you put on your motors? Never seen those before.

What are those red „protectors“ you put on your motors? Never seen those before.
They are to protect the motors from sand/dirt and light rain. I live in Scotland and the weather can change quite quickly so it’s a must for me. Have flown it a couple of times and halfway it’s started to rain and not had a problem getting it back safe. Side note, they are plastic and while not ideal they do provide a function that I need at this point.

Last edited:
The motors can run under water. Water is not a problem for motors. Its the electronics that can suffer but it would have to be a lot of water.

Thought the same thing. Isn’t there a risk of overheating when the top is fully closed? I guess there is a reason why they went for such an open design.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Sounds like you got lucky. How hard was it to put the rubber vibration balls back into their holes? They look tiny for sure. I can do normal size ones easily but those small ones on the Anafi I even have a hard time seeing :)

Very small but started by pushing a little bit through with a plastic pointy tool then pulling (from upside down view) the remainder through carefully with smooth long nose pliers (or plastic tweezers I imagine ok too). Had the 2x glasses on for sure too ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame