Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi crash: Gimbal repair

bbancsov

Reaction score
About 17 flights with this thing in the last week i've owned it. Flew a smart dronie (dolly zoom) and made sure there was enough clearance around. Lost GPS signal and FF6 crashed on the phone, the drone flew backwards into a tree by itself. Reached out to Parrot to see if they can do anything but I'm guessing i'll get the shaft. So I'm going to attempt repairing it before purchasing a new one. The camera works and everything else seems to function well besides a broken arm which can be easily replaced, can anyone tell me where this strip connects to? I haven't been able to find any up close pics in the repair manual on this one? It looks like the gimbal plastic housing is just glued onto the rotation device.

IMG_9693.jpg

After closer inspection it looks like the ribbon cable has 3/4 traces on it and will need to be replaced. I haven't been able to find this cable anywhere online, anyone have any advice?

I am in the same boat need just the Flex ribbon cable.
Has anyone tried to find a source to manufacture the insufficient spare parts being available from Parrot. Not sure how many car companies would still be in business if they treated their customers like this. These things are not cheap to buy and to have it sitting collecting dust after 10 flights or less is because the vendor is not willing to sell spare parts is unacceptable in my opinion. No I am not interested in sending my drone to a repair shop these machines should be user serviceable. I do believe the Parrot advertises this ANAFI as having a version for the military then they must have a source for spare parts for everything on the drone. Military contracts require easy / interchangeable parts. Sorry for ranting but don't like wasting money on dead end roads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar