Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi crash

Leoconti

Reaction score
Hello. I had a crash with my Anafi yesterday. It was about 10% battery and since it was at 10 meters from me I cancelled the RTH and bring it to me for landing. After a few seconds (I remember battery was at 8%), while taking it closer, it suddenly stopped and fall from about 4/5 meters height: 2 of the prop guards are broken, a couple of prop screws were damaged (keeping the prop blocked) and the battery now keeps flashing 4 red leds. I bought Anafi about 2 months ago via Amazon.
But should it auto-land anyway in case of very low battery instead of shutting down?
Please let me know what can I do. Thanks. Leonardo

Hello Leonardo, I've recently bought an Anafi and have been testing all the "failsafe" measures that the drone takes in various situations. And I can assure you, that going dead mid-air ain't normal at all. The regular procedure is for the drone to land wherever it may be. If battery reaches a certain low level, the drone will simply start descending. It will land wherever you're flying it. You are still able to throttle it forwards, backwards, strafe left or right, pan left or right, but you won't be able to make it ascend. It is landing after all. I have never faced any problem of engines stopping mid-air.

Reactions: Leoconti
Hello Leonardo, I've recently bought an Anafi and have been testing all the "failsafe" measures that the drone takes in various situations. And I can assure you, that going dead mid-air ain't normal at all. The regular procedure is for the drone to land wherever it may be. If battery reaches a certain low level, the drone will simply start descending. It will land wherever you're flying it. You are still able to throttle it forwards, backwards, strafe left or right, pan left or right, but you won't be able to make it ascend. It is landing after all. I have never faced any problem of engines stopping mid-air.
And that happens even if I cancel the RTH/landing?

.....But should it auto-land anyway in case of very low battery instead of shutting down?
Yes, it should...however, you are not the first person to experience this. Quite a few pilots have had this happen, always when trying to push the battery below 10%. A minimum safe battery level is 15% unless close to the ground and close to you over soft terrain. I think the battery indicator on FF6 is not all that accurate. Cancelling the RTH has no bearing on this issue, but it is most definitely NOT normal behavior! Start a ticket with Parrot.

When (if) you get a replacement land before 10% for some extra margin.

Reactions: Leoconti
I have had the Anafi fall from the sky when the battery still showed 25% on the controller. Apparently I'm not the only one. What can be done about this?

Create a case with Parrot. As I indicated above, I would not trust mine below 15% unless near, low, and over something soft.
25%, however, is ridiculous! :mad:

I have had the Anafi fall from the sky when the battery still showed 25% on the controller. Apparently I'm not the only one. What can be done about this?

have you update to new firmware? cause there is improvement in battere level indicator , my battere 1 year old after update new firmware able to autoland before update 15% fall down .

check out my video for testing batere

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronni