Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi DCP Colour Profiles

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Howdy folks,

I was asked by @Dirk_ANAFI if I could create some Colour Profiles for the Anafi, so here's the first one, it's a midday D50 one.

As I go, I shall make a series of them, under different light conditions, including indoor lighting & street lighting. They are all single light source ones, as the dual source ones are a real compromise & not something I have ever found to be of use.

I hope it's of some help to somebody out there!

Attachments

• Anafi-Sunny.dcp.zip
    1 KB · Views: 50
Great! Maybe you could also try to convert the Adobe lens correction profile into an affinity format so that others could also use it as discussed here:

Parrot Anafi camera profile added to Adobe products
Parrot Anafi camera profile added to Adobe products
Sorry, @Seitenwerk , I followed the links you provided & could not work out how to do that on a Mac. Maybe somebody else who knows what they are doing could do that for you guys? Sorry I can't help with that one. DCP profiles, I can produce & share easily.

Alex,
Great work! Thank you very much for the D50!
You're welcome!

No problem, but thanks for the profile! Nice to see such an active community :)
I've only been here a short while, but it does seem like a great place, with no ego's in the way! Perfect for a newbie like me to learn more & more. :cool:

Now found a short time to test your DCP Colour D50 Profile with RawTherapee:

1. JPEG WIDE out of Anafi's cam (shot with JPEG+DNG on 2018-09-02)
2. Applied a DCP Colour Profile (CM) I used before to the DNG of 1.
3. Applied your DCP D50 Colour Profile (KG) to the DNG of 1.

Attachments

• Motiv2_wide.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 37
  • Motiv2_wide_raw_DCP_CM.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 33
  • Motiv2_wide_raw_DCP_KG.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Now found a short time to test your DCP Colour D50 Profile with RawTherapee:

1. JPEG WIDE out of Anafi's cam (shot with JPEG+DNG on 2018-09-02)
2. Applied a DCP Colour Profile (CM) I used before to the DNG of 1.
3. Applied your DCP D50 Colour Profile (KG) to the DNG of 1.
Thanks for sharing these results @Dirk_ANAFI

There's quite a subtle difference between CM & KG profiles, but what really grabs my attention there is an appearance of clarity or sharpening difference between them, with the KG profile appearing slightly soft, but, that makes no sense, as it's only colour that's being affected here & nothing else! I paid a lot of attention to the section with the reflected light from the pavers on to the pot with the pink flowers & the rusty bits above on the retaining wall for colour & textural/sharpening differences.

I'll get to & create one under balanced & constant 6500K light inside & create a lens profile eventually too. I'm on holidays at the moment, but still too busy...

Thanks for your comment on this!
Enjoy your holidays!

Tell me, if I shall send you the DNG of this sunny lets say "reference image" and the mentioned CM profile to compare directly on your PC. Therefore I would need a suitable mail address (via PM) from a provider, who allows to append these bigger files.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Thanks for your comment on this!
Enjoy your holidays!

Tell me, if I shall send you the DNG of this sunny lets say "reference image" and the mentioned CM profile to compare directly on your PC. Therefore I would need a suitable mail address (via PM) from a provider, who allows to append these bigger files.
@Dirk_ANAFI I'll send you a PM with my email address, it's an unlimited file size one, well I think it craps itself at about 500MB's or so. It would be interesting to see the differences larger, thanks for helping me out here!.

Just wanted to add that while we are talking about color profiles there is also a really great LUT someone posted a while ago here. Ingried it out at it really works great for the Anafi for coloring LOG content.

Free LUT downloads for P-Log?

It’s the „Anafi.cube“ that was posted there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut